Check Your Understanding Questions
Complete all the review questions listed here to test your understanding of the topics and concepts in this chapter. The appendix “Answers to ‘Check Your Understanding’ Questions” lists the answers.
1. In the Cisco Enterprise Architecture, which two functional parts of the network are combined to form a collapsed core design? (Choose two.)
2. Which design feature limits the impact of a distribution switch failure in an enterprise network?
The installation of redundant power supplies
The purchase of enterprise equipment that is designed for large traffic volume
The use of a collapsed core design
The use of the building switch block approach
3. What are two benefits of extending access layer connectivity to users through a wireless medium? (Choose two.)
Decreased number of critical points of failure
Increased bandwidth availability
Increased network management options
4. As the network administrator, you have been asked to implement EtherChannel on the corporate network. What does this configuration consist of?
Grouping multiple physical ports to increase bandwidth between two switches
Grouping two devices to share a virtual IP address
Providing redundant devices to allow traffic to flow in the event of device failure
Providing redundant links that dynamically block or forward traffic
5. Which statement describes a characteristic of Cisco Meraki switches?
They are campus LAN switches that perform the same functions as Cisco 2960 switches.
They are cloud-managed access switches that enable virtual stacking of switches.
They are service provider switches that aggregate traffic at the edge of the network.
They promote infrastructure scalability, operational continuity, and transport flexibility.
6. What term is used to express the thickness or height of a switch?
7. What are two functions of a router? (Choose two.)
It connects multiple IP networks.
It controls the flow of data through the use of Layer 2 addresses.
It determines the best path for sending packets.
It increases the size of the broadcast domain.
It manages the VLAN database.
8. Which two requirements must always be met to use in-band management to configure a network device? (Choose two.)
A direct connection to the console port
A direct connection to the auxiliary port
A terminal emulation client
At least one network interface that is connected and operational
Telnet, SSH, or HTTP access to the device
9. What are two ways to access a Cisco switch for out-of-band management? (Choose two.)
A connection that uses HTTP
A connection that uses the AUX port
A connection that uses the console port
A connection that uses SSH
A connection that uses Telnet