- Cisco Unified Wireless LAN Security Fundamentals
Jake Woodhams, Robert Marg, Jeff Smith
- Dec 3, 2010
- This chapter discusses the fundamentals of wireless LAN security in the context of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network (CUWN).
- The Evolution of Evil: Changes in the Use of USB Devices as Delivery Mechanisms for Malicious Code
- Oct 7, 2010
- USB microcontrollers are small, capable of circumventing most malware detection software, and can deliver devastating payloads. Brad Bowers takes a closer look at this new attack vector and reveals some of the challenges IT security professionals face as the use of microcontrollers as an attack platform matures.
- Getting Owned: The USB Keystroke Injection Attack
- Oct 6, 2010
- What do you call a USB-based device that can bypass all AV and autorun policies? Although most would consider it a perfect mischievous attack vector, Hyundai has used it as a tool to build customer loyalty. This leaves Seth Fogie wondering: Are people are planning to maliciously use this technology?
- Developing Network Security Strategies
- Oct 4, 2010
- To help you handle the difficulties inherent in designing network security for complex networks, this chapter teaches a systematic, top-down approach that focuses on planning and policy development before the selection of security products.
- Network Security Auditing Tools and Techniques
- Jun 29, 2010
- This chapter discusses software tools and techniques auditors can use to test network security controls. Security testing as a process is covered, but the focus is on gathering the evidence useful for an audit.
- Recovering and Securing Your Wi-Fi Encryption Keys
- Jun 4, 2010
- Have you forgotten the WEP or WPA key or passphrase for your Wi-Fi? Eric Geier helps you discover how to recover or reset and secure your network password.
- CCDC and the Tale of the Insider Threat
- May 24, 2010
- Brad Bowers discusses the value of including the threat of insider attacks in Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (CCDC) events.
- Five Applications to Secure Your Wi-Fi Hotspot Connections
- May 13, 2010
- Don't risk eavesdroppers capturing your email, passwords, and other sensitive info! Eric Geier reviews five helpful apps that encrypt your wireless traffic.
- The Bad Guys from Outside: Malware
- Apr 29, 2010
- In this chapter, you'll learn how malware works and why it presents such a threat to the enterprise.
- Moving to WPA/WPA2-Enterprise Wi-Fi Encryption
- Apr 9, 2010
- Wi-Fi networks in businesses should be using the Enterprise mode of WPA or WPA2 encryption. Eric Geier shows you how to move from the Personal (PSK) mode to the Enterprise (RADIUS) mode.
- Securing Your Wi-Fi Hotspot Sessions
- Mar 30, 2010
- Eric Geier shares tips to keep your email, documents, and computer safe while using Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Cisco ASA Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting Network Security Services
Jazib Frahim, Omar Santos
- Jan 28, 2010
- This chapter provides an explanation of the configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco ASA-supported authentication, authorization, and accounting network security services.
- Tips to Secure Your Small Business Wi-Fi Network
- Jul 21, 2009
- Eric Geier presents twelve critical tips to consider when securing a small business wireless network.
- Tips to Secure Your Home Wi-Fi Network
- Jul 10, 2009
- Eric Geier points out important steps beyond encryption to secure your home Wi-Fi network.
- Why IT Pros Need to Learn About IPv6 Security Now: An Interview with Scott Hogg and Eric Vyncke
Linda Leung, Scott Hogg, Eric Vyncke
- Jul 4, 2009
- Linda Leung talks with Scott Hogg and Eric Vyncke about IPv6 transition and security issues.
- Network Security Inside and Out: An Interview with Arvind Durai and Ray Blair
Linda Leung, Ray Blair, Arvind Durai
- Jul 1, 2009
- Arvind Durai and Ray Blair talk about the current landscape for enterprise security.
- Cisco IOS XR Security
Dawit Birhanu, Mark Ghattas, Syed Natif Nawaz, Mobeen Tahir
- Jun 15, 2009
- This chapter discusses the security aspects of the Cisco IOS XR operating system.
- Network Security Using Cisco IOS IPS
- Jun 8, 2009
- This chapter describes the functions and operations of IDS and IPS systems.
- IPv6 Internet Security for Your Network
Eric Vyncke, Scott Hogg
- Jun 4, 2009
- This chapter covers how to secure your network when it is connected to the IPv6 Internet.
- Online Security: A Quest to Be One Step Ahead of the Bad Guys
Linda Leung, Jamey Heary
- May 29, 2009
- Linda Leung interviews security expert Jamey Heary about network security and the world of "white hats" versus "black hats."