- Book Review: "Deploying Wireless WANs" and Interview with Jack Unger
- Mar 14, 2003
- CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Exam Guide: Introduction to Wireless LANs
- Jul 15, 2008
- This chapter examines the basic concepts, standards, installation, and security options for some of the most common WLAN technologies today.
- Cisco 802.11 Wireless Networking: Installing and Configuring Access Points
Toby Velte, Anthony Velte
- Dec 1, 2005
- The largest hurdle toward getting your wireless LAN (WLAN) up and running is the configuration of your access points (APs) and wireless clients. This chapter examines how to install and configure the AP.
- Cisco Frame Relay Configurations
- Apr 30, 2004
- Jonathan Chin dicussess basic Frame Relay operations on Cisco routers in a router-based Frame Relay network.
- Cisco Unified Wireless LAN Security Fundamentals
Jake Woodhams, Robert Marg, Jeff Smith
- Dec 3, 2010
- This chapter discusses the fundamentals of wireless LAN security in the context of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network (CUWN).
- Connecting Non-802.1X Devices to an Enterprise Network
- Sep 27, 2011
- Whether you're an administrator or just a user of a Wi-Fi network secured with WPA/WPA2-Enterprise, you can learn from Eric Geier how to get non-802.1X computers and devices onto your network.
- Cracking Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), Part 2
- Mar 11, 2005
- Concluding his two-part series, Seth Fogie describes in detail how WPA-PSK can be cracked.
- Creating a Hotspot Gateway with RouterOS
- Nov 2, 2009
- Eric Geier shows how to set up the integrated hotspot gateway with RouterOS.
- Deploying a Fast and Stable Wireless Mesh Network
Lee Johnson, Mark L. Gress
- Dec 9, 2009
- This chapter provides practical tips and advice for deploying a fast and stable wireless mesh network.
- Developing "Deploying License-Free Wireless Wide-Area Networks"
- Jul 11, 2003
- Discovering More Ways to Share on Your Windows Network
- Oct 31, 2008
- Discover three must-have accessories for your network if you want to seriously share files, printers, and media.
- Discovering Site-Specific Requirements for 802.11 Wireless Network Site Surveying and Installation
- Dec 10, 2004
- This chapter outlines the physical logictics of installing a wireless network into a building. Concerns regarding the architecture and layout of the building are addressed, so that you can plan appropriately.
- Discovering the Upcoming Wi-Fi Direct Standard
- Aug 16, 2010
- See how you'll benefit from this new Wi-Fi standard. Eric Geier shows you how it compares with Bluetooth and the existing Wi-Fi ad-hoc networking. Plus you'll discover its downsides and negative impacts.
- Enhancing Your Network with Voice and Video Gadgets
- Oct 24, 2008
- Eric Geier covers accessories and gadgets you can use to enhance your wired or WiFi network.
- Enterprise-Class Wireless LANs: Guidelines for A Successful Architecture and Design
Christopher Vinckier, David Castaneda, Oisin Mac Alasdair
- Jul 21, 2006
- This chapter adopts a "60,000-foot view" of the challenges ahead and asks you to answer some key questions on technical, financial, and program management issues. The chapter also introduces such topics as strategic preparation and planning, architectural considerations, and program management. Upon completion, you will be prepared to describe in strategic terms where you will deploy, how you will deploy, how you will fund and manage your deployment.
- Fiber-Optic Technologies
- Apr 23, 2004
- Vivek Alwayn discusses in this chapter the increasing demand of optical-fiber and its wide spread applications ranging from global networks to desktop computers.
- Five Applications to Secure Your Wi-Fi Hotspot Connections
- May 13, 2010
- Don't risk eavesdroppers capturing your email, passwords, and other sensitive info! Eric Geier reviews five helpful apps that encrypt your wireless traffic.
- Five Ways to Increase Your Wi-Fi Network's Range
- May 15, 2009
- Eric Geier shows ways to extend your wireless network, from things you can do without spending a dime to adding additional APs.
- Frame Relay for ICND Exam
- Aug 29, 2003
- Wendell Odom tells you what you need to know to ace the Frame Relay portion of the ICND Exam. In this sample chapter, he concentrates on Frame Relay protocols and configuration.
- IEEE 802.1X: Practical Port Control for Switches
- Oct 4, 2002