- 5 Questions with Cisco Systems' Telephony Expert Anne Smith
- Jan 31, 2003
- A Cisco Telephony Architecture Evolution
- Sep 3, 2004
- This chapter introduces the concept of ROI, and provides the background and reasoning behind Cisco's decision to migrate to an all-IP network.
- Basic IP Connectivity and Troubleshooting in Cisco Express Forwarding
Nakia Stringfield, Stacia McKee, Russ White
- Oct 26, 2007
- Basic IPsec VPN Topologies and Configurations
James Henry Carmouche
- Sep 29, 2006
- In this chapter, you will review several common deployments of IPsec virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Best Practices for Deploying Secure Cisco IP Telephony Solutions
- Oct 31, 2012
- A brief discussion of why it's important to secure IP Telephony Networks, how to go about it, and the actual deployment thereof.
- Border Gateway Protocol, Route Manipulation, and IP Multicast
Anthony Bruno, Steve Jordan
- Oct 26, 2007
- Building Resilient IP Networks: The Access Module
Beng-Hui Ong, Kok-Keong Lee, Fung Lim
- Jun 9, 2006
- This chapter focuses on Ethernet switching technology, specifically Layer 2 network resiliency and how it should be built to provide a solid foundation for the Layer 3 network.
- CCNA ICND2 Exam Guide: Troubleshooting IP Routing
- Jul 10, 2008
- This troubleshooting chapter explains ping and traceroute commands, the troubleshooting the packet forwarding process, and provides troubleshooting tools and tips.
- CCNA Portable Command Guide: IPv6
- Jul 1, 2008
- This chapter provides information and commands concerning a number of IPv6-related topics.
- CCNP BSCI Exam: Using OSPF Across Multiple Areas
- Apr 25, 2003
- CCNP ISCW Exam Guide: GRE Tunneling over Ipsec
Brian Morgan, Neil Lovering
- Jun 24, 2008
- This chapter talks about the use of GRE in an IPsec environment and how that relates to the CCNP ISCW exam.
- Cisco CallManager Express VoIP Call Processing Features
Danelle Au, Baldwin Choi, Rajesh Haridas, Christina Hattingh, Ravi Koulagi, Mike Tasker, Lillian Xia
- Jul 15, 2005
- In this chapter, you'll read about some of the more popular Cisco CME phone and call processing features. You will see examples of how these features can be configured and combined to provide a rich and flexible set of functions. You will also see how to configure call transfer and forwarding functions in a variety of network scenarios.
- Cisco IP Telephony Flash Cards: Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED)
- Nov 24, 2004
- This chapter provides an overvew of Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED) for Cisco IP Telephony, including Question & Answer flash cards to help you prepare for the Cisco IP Telephony Exam.
- Cisco IP Telephony Security Framework
- Sep 21, 2012
- This chapter examines the Cisco IP Telephony Security life cycle. It also shows how to develop an IP telephony security policy, evaluate cost versus risk, determine the level of security required for your IP Telephony network, and develop Cisco IP Telephony Security Framework.
- Cisco OSPF Route Redistribution
William R. Parkhurst
- Jul 5, 2002
- Use this complete reference to Cisco OSPF commands next time your network needs route redistribution. Ten example scenarios clearly illustrate the purpose, syntax, and usage of each command.
- Cisco TelePresence Room Design
Alan Glowacki, Kevin McMenamy, Roland Saville, Tim Szigeti
- Jun 17, 2009
- This chapter covers the spatial, aesthetic, environmental, and technical requirements for designing an ideal space for a Cisco Telepresence system.
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Platform Deployment
- Jul 27, 2011
- Cisco Unity: About Unified Messaging
Todd Stone, Dustin Grant, Jeff Lindborg, Steve Olivier
- Sep 17, 2004
- Unified messaging is a wonderful utility for your users, but it can be a headache for administrators. This chapter discusses the challenges associated with unified messaging as a part of the voice data convergence paradigm for the messaging application layer.
- Classification and Marking for Cisco DQOS and QOS Exams
Michael J. Cavanaugh, Wendell Odom
- Sep 19, 2003
- Brush up on your skills with this review of exam topics and objectives for the Cisco DQOS and QoS exams.
- Demystifying Convergence and VoIP
- Aug 9, 2002
- Convergence eliminates the need for duplicate hardware and special vendors. Learn how Voice over IP (VoIP) uses the Internet Protocol to deliver voice traffic over a converged network.