- (Video) Exam Profile: CCIE Routing and Switching v4.0
Maurilio P. Gorito
- Apr 26, 2012
- The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert exam is the qualification exam for the Routing and Switching Lab track. Find out what you can expect to see on the exam and how you can better prepare for it.
- (Video) Exam Profile: Cisco CCDA Design
- Apr 25, 2012
- The Cisco Certified Design Associate exam is an entry-level network design exam that serves as a starting point for CCDP certification. Find out what you can expect to see on the exam and how you can better prepare for it.
- (Video) Exam Profile: Cisco CCNP Security IPS
- Apr 24, 2012
- The Cisco Certified Network Professional Security IPS exam is one of the four exams that must be passed to obtain the Cisco CCNP Security certification. Find out what you can expect to see on this exam and how you can better prepare for it.
- 2011 Collegiate Cyber Defense Challenge: Shaping the Cyber Warriors of Tomorrow
- May 2, 2011
- Brad Bowers provides an intriguing look into the 2011 Mid-Atlantic CCDC attack-and-defense competition for information technology students.
- 3 Common Network Security Threats
- Feb 25, 2016
- Whether their ultimate intention is harming your organization or stealing its information, attackers are probably already trying to crack your network. Network engineers need to anticipate these attacks and be ready to mitigate them. Security specialist Sean Wilkins points out three attack methods that most networks will experience.
- 31 Days Before Your CCENT Exam: Ethernet and Media Access Control
- Jan 6, 2014
- To help you prepare for your CCENT exam. this chapter reviews Ethernet technologies and operation at both the data link and physical layers.
- 31 Days Before Your CCNA Exam: Connecting Switches and Ethernet Technology
- Apr 15, 2009
- Allan Johnson provides late study tips and resources for Ethernet and switching topics on the CCNA 640-802 exam.
- 31 Days Before Your CCNA Routing and Switching Exam: Spanning Tree Protocols
- Jul 9, 2014
- This step in preparing for the CCNA Routing and Switching exam covers STP and its variations — standards that allow for redundant switched networks without worrying about switching loops.
- 31 Days Before Your CompTIA A+ Exams, Day 31: Storage
Benjamin Patrick Conry
- Oct 22, 2011
- This chapter starts out your last month of A+ exam prep by describing names, purposes, and characteristics of storage devices.
- 5 Questions with Cisco Systems' Telephony Expert Anne Smith
- Jan 31, 2003
- 5 Steps to Building and Operating an Effective Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Dec 21, 2015
- Joseph Muniz, co-author of Security Operations Center: Building, Operating, and Maintaining Your SOC, provides a high-level overview of the steps involved in creating a security operations center to protect your organization's valuable data assets.
- 7 Popular Layer 2 Attacks
- Feb 25, 2016
- If you're responsible for securing a corporate or private network, you need to be aware of the vulnerabilities that attackers will use. Security expert Sean Wilkins discusses seven common methods that can give attackers access, helping them to control or steal information from your network.
- A Cisco Telephony Architecture Evolution
- Sep 3, 2004
- This chapter introduces the concept of ROI, and provides the background and reasoning behind Cisco's decision to migrate to an all-IP network.
- A Network Administrator's View of Multiservice Networks
- Dec 9, 2005
- Multiservice networks provide more than one distinct communications service type over the same physical infrastructure. Multiservice implies not only the existence of multiple traffic types within the network, but also the ability of a single network to support all of these applications without compromising quality of service (QoS) for any of them. This chapter covers multiservice networks in detail from the network administrator's viewpoint.
- A Student-Hacker Showdown at the Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition
- Mar 31, 2006
- Students-turned-IT managers faced off against experienced hackers at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition. Seth Fogie witnessed this real-world competition and reports on its unexpected twists, turns, and even drama.
- A Tour of Cisco Data Center Interconnect with OTV (Overlay Transport Virtualization)
Ron Fuller, David Jansen
- Jul 2, 2014
- In this video Ron Fuller and David Jansen discuss how to evolve data centers into a multi-data center topology using interconnect functionality called Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV).
- A Video Overview of the CCENT/CCNA Network Simulator
- Jan 17, 2014
- This CCENT/CCNA Network Simulator overview video examines the Cisco Network Simulator's redesigned interface. It also reviews the new grade history feature that enables students to track their lab attempt progress.
- Achieving Nomadicity: Accessing the Internet Anytime, Anywhere
Kevin Shatzkamer, Mark Grayson, Klaas Wierenga
- Mar 11, 2011
- This chapter explains the key concepts that make it possible for users and devices to gain access to IP networks and IP-based applications that are offered by others than their own operator.
- ADS Technologies NAS Kit Puts Network Attached Storage In Reach of Ordinary Users
- Oct 6, 2005
- Can a mere mortal -- a software guy, even -- accomplish Network Attached Storage on the cheap? The happy answer is, "Sure thing!" Blake Watson walks you through the process with the ADS Technologies NAS Drive Kit.
- An Ideal Programmer
- Nov 24, 2010
- Ed Tittel, creator of the Exam Cram series, considers the qualifications that make for the best prospective programming candidates.