- CCNP Security Firewall Cert Guide: Configuring ASA Interfaces
Anthony Sequeira, Dave Garneau, David Hucaby
- Oct 24, 2012
- This chapter covers the following topics from the 642-618 exam objectives: Configuring Physical Interfaces, Configuring VLAN Interfaces, Configuring Interface Security Parameters, Configuring the Interface MTU, and Verifying Interface Operation.
- Creating Your Own VPN
- Oct 23, 2012
- Security expert Eric Geier shows you how to set up a VPN to securely access your PC or network when you’re away, and to secure your Internet connection when using Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Securing the Management Plane on Cisco IOS Devices
Keith Barker, Scott Morris
- Oct 22, 2012
- This chapter, prep for CCNA Security exam 640-554, introduces the concept of the management plane (which is a collection of protocols and access methods we use to configure, manage, and maintain a network device) and examines how to protect it.
- Deploying Cisco ASA AnyConnect Remote-Access SSL VPN Solutions
- Oct 19, 2012
- This chapter shows how to deploy and manage client-based Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) virtual private networks (VPN) on Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) as the VPN gateway using AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client software.
- CCNP Wireless: QoS for Wireless Applications
- Oct 18, 2012
- This chapter introduces the concepts of wireless Quality of Service and their related configuration in preparation for the 642-742 IUWVN exam.
- The Art of the Data Center: Bahnhof - Stockholm, Sweden
- Oct 9, 2012
- Doug Alger takes a fascinating look at one of the most amazing data centers in the world in this chapter from his book The Art of the Data Center.
- Eight Cool Things You Probably Don’t Know About Data Centers
- Sep 27, 2012
- Doug Alger, author of The Art of the Data Center, discusses eight cool things most people don’t realize about Data Centers in this InformIT exclusive audio segment.
- Cisco IP Telephony Security Framework
- Sep 21, 2012
- This chapter examines the Cisco IP Telephony Security life cycle. It also shows how to develop an IP telephony security policy, evaluate cost versus risk, determine the level of security required for your IP Telephony network, and develop Cisco IP Telephony Security Framework.
- Q&A with Cisco Senior Network Consultant Akhil Behl, Author of Securing Cisco IP Telephony Networks
- Sep 18, 2012
- Learn more about Cisco Press author Akhil Behl and the new book Securing Cisco IP Telephony Networks.
- The Economics of Cloud Computing: An Overview For Decision Makers
- Jul 30, 2012
- In this chapter, Bill Williams explores the standard definition of cloud computing to establish a baseline of common terminology. Understanding the essential characteristics of cloud computing platforms, as well as cloud deployment and service models, is critical for making informed decisions and for choosing the appropriate platform for your business needs.
- CCNA Security 640-554 Quick Reference: Cisco IOS Firewalls
- Jun 21, 2012
- Firewalls are a key security technology in the modern network infrastructure. This section details their evolution and the technologies that have resulted.
- CCNP Wireless Quick Reference: How to Collect Information for the Wireless Site Survey
- Jun 13, 2012
- Conducting a wireless site survey is the final step of a carefully planned journey. This chapter helps you prepare for this site survey by listing the pieces of information that you need to collect before meeting your customer and planning the survey itself.
- WLAN Fundamentals
- May 30, 2012
- This excerpt from CCNA Wireless (640-722 IUWNE) Quick Reference covers Wireless Networks and Topologies.
- CCNP Security Firewall 642-618 Quick Reference: Basic Connectivity and Device Management
- May 17, 2012
- This section starts to examine the configuration of the Cisco ASA and covers the fundamentals for providing basic connectivity and device management. This section covers basic command-line interface (CLI) configuration, but mainly focuses on configuring the ASA through the graphical Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM).
- Planning and Designing 802.11 Wireless Technologies
Roger Nobel, Federico Lovison, Fabian Riesen, Erik Vangrunderbeek, Federico Ziliotto
- May 16, 2012
- On top of normal networking issues, WLAN adds a couple of new challenges, such as Layer 1 (radio frequency [RF]) issues; a set of L2 protocols, such as IEEE 802.11; and the need for agencies to regulate the use of this shared medium, as the authors explain in this excerpt from their book, CCIE Wireless Exam (350-050) Quick Reference.
- (Video) Exam Profile: CCIE Routing and Switching v4.0
Maurilio P. Gorito
- Apr 26, 2012
- The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert exam is the qualification exam for the Routing and Switching Lab track. Find out what you can expect to see on the exam and how you can better prepare for it.
- (Video) Exam Profile: Cisco CCDA Design
- Apr 25, 2012
- The Cisco Certified Design Associate exam is an entry-level network design exam that serves as a starting point for CCDP certification. Find out what you can expect to see on the exam and how you can better prepare for it.
- Cisco IronPort ESA Web User Interface
- Apr 25, 2012
- This chapter covers the layout and workflow of the web user interface used for the administration of the Email Security Appliance (ESA).
- (Video) Exam Profile: Cisco CCNP Security IPS
- Apr 24, 2012
- The Cisco Certified Network Professional Security IPS exam is one of the four exams that must be passed to obtain the Cisco CCNP Security certification. Find out what you can expect to see on this exam and how you can better prepare for it.
- Data Center Architecture and Technologies in the Cloud
Venkata Josyula, Malcolm Orr, Greg Page
- Mar 20, 2012
- This chapter provides an overview of the architectural principles and infrastructure designs needed to support a new generation of real-time-managed IT service use cases in the data center.