- Protecting Your Network from the Wi-Fi Protected Setup Security Hole
- Mar 12, 2012
- Even if you’ve encrypted and secured your wireless network with Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA or WPA2), a security hole affecting most wireless routers may make it fairly easy for those with the right tools to hack your network and connect. Eric Geier shows how to prevent this and protect your network.
- Network Security First-Step: Firewalls
Donald Stoddard, Thomas M. Thomas
- Feb 8, 2012
- This chapter dissects a firewall’s duties to understand what makes a firewall operate and how it does its job.
- Network Verification Commands Review
- Jan 25, 2012
- This article takes a look at some of the most basic network verification commands that can be used on Cisco equipment and discusses the information that can be obtained from these commands.
- CCIE Voice v3.0 Quick Reference: Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Jan 17, 2012
- This quick reference covers best practices for the deployment of Cisco Unified Communications Manager as well as an overview of compatible codecs and regions.
- What the Failed AT&T / T-Mobile Merger Means for You
Leo Wrobel, Eddie Pope, Sharon Wrobel
- Jan 12, 2012
- The AT&T / T-Mobile deal is dead and buried. What does this mean for the telecom industry, and more importantly, what does it mean for you, the consumer?
- ZigBee Wireless Security: A New Age Penetration Tester's Toolkit
- Jan 9, 2012
- Brad Bowers takes a closer look at the ZigBee protocol, some of the attacks that have been leveraged against it, and the security tools that penetration testers can use.
- Functional Deployment Models and Call Flows for Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal
- Jan 3, 2012
- This chapter discusses some of Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal's well-defined and commonly referenced functional deployment models.
- CCNA ICND2 Cert Guide: Variable Length Subnet Masks
- Dec 19, 2011
- This chapter introduces VLSM, including VLSM Concepts and Configuration, Finding VLSM Overlaps, Adding New Subnets to an Existing VLSM Design, and Designing a Subnetting Plan Using VLSM.
- CCNP Security Firewall Cert Guide: Recording ASA Activity
Anthony Sequeira, Dave Garneau, David Hucaby
- Dec 16, 2011
- To help you prepare for the CCNP Security Firewall 642-617 exam, this chapter covers System Time, Managing Event and Session Logging, Configuring Event and Session Logging, Verifying Event and Session Logging, and Troubleshooting Event and Session Logging.
- CCIE Routing and Switching v4.0: Troubleshooting Lab 1 (The Warm-Up)
- Dec 12, 2011
- This troubleshooting lab has been timed to last for 2 hours and be representative of the format and difficulty of the tasks you are likely to encounter on your CCIE lab exam.
- Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH): Developing an Optimum Design for Layer 3 (CCDP)
- Dec 8, 2011
- This chapter examines a select number of topics on both advance IP addressing and design issues with Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- The AT&T / T-Mobile Merger: So What Happens Now?
Eddie Pope, Leo Wrobel, Sharon Wrobel
- Dec 2, 2011
- Will the AT&T / T-Mobile merger end from "death by 1000 cuts" if opposition by the DOJ, FCC, competitors and consumer groups proves insurmountable? If so, what happens next?
- Cloud Computing: Orchestrating and Automating Technical Building Blocks
Venkata Josyula, Malcolm Orr, Greg Page
- Nov 28, 2011
- This chapter provides a detailed overview of how an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) service is orchestrated and automated.
- CCNP Security: Intrusion Prevention and Intrusion Detection Systems
David Burns, Odunayo Adesina, Keith Barker
- Nov 22, 2011
- This chapter covers evaluating and choosing approaches to intrusion prevention and detection.
- The TCP/IP and OSI Networking Models
- Nov 21, 2011
- This chapter explains the terminology and concepts behind TCP/IP. It also explains the terminology behind the OSI networking model in comparison to TCP/IP.
- CCNP: Troubleshooting OSPF
- Nov 14, 2011
- In this article, Anthony Sequeira discusses basic troubleshooting steps for the complex, link-state routing protocol Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- CCNA Voice 640-461: Understanding the Cisco IP Phone Concepts and Registration
Jeremy Cioara, Michael Valentine
- Oct 27, 2011
- This chapter walks you through the key concepts and technologies used to build a Cisco VoIP network while working towards your CCNA Voice certification.
- 31 Days Before Your CompTIA A+ Exams, Day 31: Storage
Benjamin Patrick Conry
- Oct 22, 2011
- This chapter starts out your last month of A+ exam prep by describing names, purposes, and characteristics of storage devices.
- CCDA DESGN 640-864: Designing Remote Connectivity
- Oct 6, 2011
- This chapter discusses wide-area network technologies and design and includes sections covering Identifying WAN Technology Considerations, Designing the Enterprise WAN, and Designing the Enterprise Branch.
- Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager: Digit Manipulation (CCNP Voice)
Dennis Samuel Hartmann, Joshua Samuel Finke
- Oct 1, 2011
- This chapter describes digit manipulation tools that allow a CUCM administrator to implement flexibility and transparency in the dial plan of a company.