- Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide: Fundamentals Review
Richard Froom, Erum Frahim
- May 27, 2015
- This chapter from Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide: (CCNP SWITCH 300-115) covers the following basic switching topics as a review to CCNA: hubs and switches, bridges and switches, switches of today, broadcast domains, MAC addresses, the basic Ethernet frame format, basic switching function, VLANs, the Spanning Tree Protocol, trunking, port channels, and multilayer switching (MLS).
- Basic Data Transmission in Networks: MAC Tables and ARP Tables
- May 12, 2015
- Bombarded with jargon, no wonder networking beginners get lost. Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, explains some crucial terminology for anyone who needs to understand complex networking.
- Collision Domains and Broadcast Domains = Apples and Oranges
- May 5, 2015
- Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, doesn't approve of blurring collision domains and broadcast domains. Though these models are often taught together, modern technology has outpaced some of the ideas, and networking specialists who are new to the field need to distinguish between current terminology and outdated concepts.
- OSPF Implementation
Diane Teare, Rick Graziani, Bob Vachon
- Feb 3, 2015
- This chapter from Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide: (CCNP ROUTE 300-101) examines the Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) Protocol, one of the most commonly used interior gateway protocols in IP networking.
- CCNP Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide: Configuration of Redistribution
Scott Empson, Patrick Gargano, Hans Roth
- Jan 21, 2015
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide provides information about redistribution topics.
- Troubleshooting Methods for Cisco IP Networks
- Jan 14, 2015
- This chapter from Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT) Foundation Learning Guide: (CCNP TSHOOT 300-135) defines troubleshooting and troubleshooting principles. Next, six different troubleshooting approaches are described. The third section of this chapter presents a troubleshooting example based on each of the six troubleshooting approaches.
- CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Cert Guide: Switch Port Configuration
- Dec 18, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Cert Guide presents the various Ethernet network technologies used to establish switched connections within the campus network and also details the switch commands required for configuring and troubleshooting Ethernet LAN ports.
- CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide: Classification and Marking
Narbik Kocharians, Terry Vinson
- Dec 16, 2014
- This chapter from CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2, 5th Edition covers the following subtopics from the Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching written exam blueprint: Modular QoS CLI (MQC), Network-Based Application Recognition (NBAR), QoS Classification, QoS Marking, and Cisco AutoQoS.
- CCNP Routing and Switching TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide: Troubleshooting Device Performance
Raymond Lacoste, Kevin Wallace
- Dec 9, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide discusses common reasons for high CPU and memory utilization on routers and switches, in addition to how we can recognize them. This chapter also covers interface statistics because they sometimes provide the initial indication of some type of issue.
- Fundamental EIGRP Concepts
- Nov 26, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching ROUTE 300-101 Official Cert Guide covers EIGRP fundamentals, EIGRP neighborships, and neighborships over WANs.
- CCIE Security v4.0 Quick Reference: Application and Infrastructure Security
Lancy Lobo, Umesh Lakshman
- Sep 17, 2014
- This chapter from CCIE Security v4.0 Quick Reference, 3rd Edition covers HTTP, HTTPS, Simple Mail Transfer, Protocol, File Transfer Protocol, Domain Name System, and Trivial File Transfer Protocol.
- CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide: IP Forwarding (Routing)
Narbik Kocharians, Peter Paluch
- Sep 10, 2014
- This chapter from CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 1, 5th Edition covers Cisco Express Forwarding concepts, routing protocol migration, and policy-based routing.
- Cisco WSA: User Authentication with Transparent Proxy
- Jul 30, 2014
- In this video Natalie Timms covers integrating user authentication with Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) based transparent proxy service on the Cisco Web Services Appliance (WSA). She shows how an existing Microsoft Active Directory user database can be leveraged to validate user credentials when determining if redirected traffic flows should be permitted through the WSA.
- CCIE Security v4.0 Practice Lab
- Jul 15, 2014
- In this practice lab to help in your preparation for the CCIE Security exam, Natalie Timms focuses on initializing and configuring the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) in both single- and multi-context modes.
- CCIE Collaboration Quick Reference: Cisco Unified Communications Security
- Jul 2, 2014
- In this chapter, Akhil Behl explains how to secure a converged communications network by discussing potential threats as well as options for maintaining the confidentiality of network data and its integrity.
- Cisco Networking Academy Switched Networks Companion Guide: VLANs
Cisco Networking Academy
- Jun 25, 2014
- This chapter covers how to configure, manage, and troubleshoot VLANs and VLAN trunks. It also examines security considerations and strategies relating to VLANs and trunks, and best practices for VLAN design.
- Warmup for the CCIE Troubleshooting Lab 1
- Jun 20, 2014
- This chapter details the equipment requirements and pre-lab tasks to help you prepare for the troubleshooting portion of the CCIE Routing and Switching exam.
- Introduction to 31 Days Before Your CCNA Routing and Switching Exam
- May 19, 2014
- Allan Johnson provides a list of recommended resources to assist in your preparation for taking the CCNA Routing and Switching Exam. He also provides a brief introduction to the CCNA 200-201 Exam itself.
- CCNA Routing and Switching Practice and Study Guide: Link Aggregation
- May 16, 2014
- To help you prepare for the ICND2 200-101 Certification Exam, this chapter explains the concepts behind and configuration strategies for link aggregation: creating one logical link using multiple physical links between two devices.
- CCNA Routing and Switching Practice and Study Guide: LAN Redundancy
- May 15, 2014
- To help you prepare for the ICND2 200-101 Certification Exam, this chapter investigates how Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) logically blocks physical loops in the network and how STP has evolved into a robust protocol that rapidly calculates which ports should be blocked in a VLAN-based network.