- How Apple's iPhone is Changing the Game Plan for Mobile Service Operators: An Interview with Mark Grayson and Kevin Shatzkamer
Linda Leung, Mark Grayson, Kevin Shatzkamer
- Jun 30, 2009
- Linda Leung, Mark Grayson, and Kevin Shatzkamer discuss how mobile operators can implement all-IP networks, what enterprises and service providers can learn from each other, and how IPv6 affects the mobile world.
- Troubleshooting Network Sharing Issues: Part 2
- Jun 26, 2009
- Eric Geier shows how to verify sharing and file permissions, access shares manually and how to reinstall networking gear to solve network sharing problems.
- Cisco LAN Switching Configuration : Server Load Balancing (SLB)
David Hucaby, David Jansen, Steve McQuerry
- Jun 24, 2009
- This chapter covers the steps required to load balance traffic to one or more server farms and firewall farms, and also explains the steps needed to define probes that test server and firewall farm functionality.
- Interconnecting Data Centers Using VPLS: Data Center Layer 2 Interconnect
Nash Darukhanawalla, Patrice Bellagamba
- Jun 24, 2009
- This chapter provides an overview of high availability (HA) clusters, legacy deployment models for interconnecting data centers, and problems related to extending Layer 2 networks.
- Offloading Traditional Mobile Networks with IP
Kevin Shatzkamer, Mark Grayson, Scott Wainner
- Jun 23, 2009
- This chapter discusses pseudowire transport mechanisms used to provide a bridge between the legacy TDM systems and All IP systems on mobile networks.
- Troubleshooting Network Sharing Issues: Part 1
- Jun 19, 2009
- Eric Geier shows you how to refresh your networking gear and verify that the sharing, firewall, and router settings are correctly configured.
- Cisco TelePresence Room Design
Alan Glowacki, Kevin McMenamy, Roland Saville, Tim Szigeti
- Jun 17, 2009
- This chapter covers the spatial, aesthetic, environmental, and technical requirements for designing an ideal space for a Cisco Telepresence system.
- Cisco IOS XR Security
Dawit Birhanu, Mark Ghattas, Syed Natif Nawaz, Mobeen Tahir
- Jun 15, 2009
- This chapter discusses the security aspects of the Cisco IOS XR operating system.
- Training Never Goes Out of Fashion: An Interview with Wendell Odom
Linda Leung, Wendell Odom
- Jun 9, 2009
- Linda Leung talks with Wendell Odom about what people these days really think about the classes, the exams, and the whole idea of certification.
- Network Security Using Cisco IOS IPS
- Jun 8, 2009
- This chapter describes the functions and operations of IDS and IPS systems.
- IPv6 Internet Security for Your Network
Eric Vyncke, Scott Hogg
- Jun 4, 2009
- This chapter covers how to secure your network when it is connected to the IPv6 Internet.
- Ten Tips and Considerations on Upgrading to Wireless N
- Jun 1, 2009
- Eric Geier provides tips for making your upgrade to 802.11n worth the expense.
- Online Security: A Quest to Be One Step Ahead of the Bad Guys
Linda Leung, Jamey Heary
- May 29, 2009
- Linda Leung interviews security expert Jamey Heary about network security and the world of "white hats" versus "black hats."
- Around the Globe in the Race Against IPv4 Address Depletion
Linda Leung, Jeff Doyle
- May 19, 2009
- Linda Leung interviews Jeff Doyle about what he sees as the future for IPv6.
- VoIP Performance Management and Optimization: Managing VoIP Networks
Adeel Ahmed, Habib Madani, Talal Siddiqui
- May 19, 2009
- To ensure voice quality and to optimize media delivery over the IP, it is crucial to properly plan, design, implement, and manage the underlying network. This chapter discusses what are the best practices for planning media deployment over IP networks.
- Five Ways to Increase Your Wi-Fi Network's Range
- May 15, 2009
- Eric Geier shows ways to extend your wireless network, from things you can do without spending a dime to adding additional APs.
- Designing Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture Models
Diane Teare, Keith Hutton, Mark Schofield
- Apr 17, 2009
- This chapter examines design models for high availability and fast convergence for the hierarchical layers of the Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture.
- Discovering More Ways to Share on Your Windows Network
- Oct 31, 2008
- Discover three must-have accessories for your network if you want to seriously share files, printers, and media.
- Enhancing Your Network with Voice and Video Gadgets
- Oct 24, 2008
- Eric Geier covers accessories and gadgets you can use to enhance your wired or WiFi network.
- VoIP Threat Taxonomy
- Sep 24, 2008
- This chapter categorizes the main threats against VoIP service and explains their impact and possible methods of protection.