- (Video) Exam Profile: Cisco CCNP Security IPS
- Apr 24, 2012
- The Cisco Certified Network Professional Security IPS exam is one of the four exams that must be passed to obtain the Cisco CCNP Security certification. Find out what you can expect to see on this exam and how you can better prepare for it.
- Basic Access List Configuration for Cisco Devices
- Apr 4, 2011
- This article discusses the basic concepts of how ACLs work and shows how a basic ACL is configured.
- Basic Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Concepts and Configuration
- Jun 29, 2011
- This article looks at the current IOS device based network intrusion prevention system (NIPS).
- Basic NAT Concepts and Configuration
- Jul 6, 2011
- This article looks at some of the basic concepts that are used when configuring NAT and reviews the configuration steps required to get NAT working.
- CCNP Security Firewall 642-617 Quick Reference: Basic Connectivity and Device Management
- Mar 11, 2011
- This chapter starts to look at the configuration of the Cisco ASA and covers the fundamentals for providing basic connectivity and device management.
- CCNP Security Firewall 642-618 Quick Reference: Basic Connectivity and Device Management
- May 17, 2012
- This section starts to examine the configuration of the Cisco ASA and covers the fundamentals for providing basic connectivity and device management. This section covers basic command-line interface (CLI) configuration, but mainly focuses on configuring the ASA through the graphical Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM).
- CCNP Security Firewall Cert Guide: Recording ASA Activity
Anthony Sequeira, Dave Garneau, David Hucaby
- Dec 16, 2011
- To help you prepare for the CCNP Security Firewall 642-617 exam, this chapter covers System Time, Managing Event and Session Logging, Configuring Event and Session Logging, Verifying Event and Session Logging, and Troubleshooting Event and Session Logging.
- CCNP Security Quick Reference: Deploying Cisco ASA AnyConnect Remote-Access VPN Solutions
- Apr 14, 2011
- In this chapter you learn to deploy and manage Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) virtual private networks (VPN) on Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) as the VPN gateway with clients using AnyConnect SSL Client software.
- CCNP Security Secure 642-637 Quick Reference: Cisco Layer 2 Security
- Mar 15, 2011
- This chapter describes the main types of Layer 2 attacks and how to defend against them.
- CCNP Security SISAS 300-208 Official Cert Guide: Authentication Policies
Aaron Woland, Kevin Redmon
- May 6, 2015
- In this chapter from CCNP Security SISAS 300-208 Official Cert Guide, the authors discuss network authentication policies.
- CCNP Security: Intrusion Prevention and Intrusion Detection Systems
David Burns, Odunayo Adesina, Keith Barker
- Nov 22, 2011
- This chapter covers evaluating and choosing approaches to intrusion prevention and detection.
- CCSP Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Advanced Exam: CiscoWorks Management Center for Firewalls
Greg Bastien, Earl Carter, Christian Degu
- Jan 7, 2005
- To help you prepare for the CCSP Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Advanced Exam, this chapter provides information on using CiscoWorks with Firewall MC.
- CCSP Cisco Secure VPN Exam: Remote Access Configuration
John Roland, Mark Newcomb
- May 23, 2003
- CCSP CSI Exam Certification: SAFE IP Telephony Design
Ido Dubrawsky, Paul Grey
- Dec 30, 2004
- This chapter will help you prepare for the CCSP CSI Exam, with a focus on SAFE IP Telephony Design. Sample questions are included to help you study.
- CCSP Self-Study: Advanced AAA Security for Cisco Router Networks
- May 21, 2004
- For CCSP candidates, John Roland discusses Cisco Secure ACS 3.0 for Windows 2000/NT Servers, Cisco Secure ACS for UNIX, and the security services of TACACS+, RADIUS, and Kerberos.
- CCSP SNRS Exam Self-Study: Mitigating Layer 2 Attacks
Christian Degu, Greg Bastien, Sara Nasseh
- Jul 7, 2006
- This excerpt from the official Cisco SNRS study guide discusses Layer 2 attacks, mitigations, best practices, and functionality within the scope of the CCSP SNRS exam framework.
- Cisco CCNP Security Cert Guide: Implementing and Configuring Cisco IOS Routed Data Plane Security
Sean Wilkins, Trey Smith
- Jun 27, 2011
- This chapter addresses how to secure the routed data plane, including the Cisco IOS Software features that can be used to secure the network user data that traverses the network, and discusses how to configure these features on the network devices within the network.
- Cisco Network Infrastructure Security: Control Plane Policing Concepts and Configuration
- Jul 21, 2011
- This article takes a looks at control plane policing, examining what it is, how it works and how it can be configured to secure this equipment.
- Flexible Netflow Concepts and Configuration
- Jul 22, 2011
- This article takes a look at the typical uses for the Flexible Netflow feature, how it works and how it can be configured into a complete solution.
- Getting Started with the Cisco PIX Firewall
Christian Degu, Greg Bastien
- Apr 11, 2003