- Best Practices for Deploying Secure Cisco IP Telephony Solutions
- Oct 31, 2012
- A brief discussion of why it's important to secure IP Telephony Networks, how to go about it, and the actual deployment thereof.
- Cisco IP Telephony Security Framework
- Sep 21, 2012
- This chapter examines the Cisco IP Telephony Security life cycle. It also shows how to develop an IP telephony security policy, evaluate cost versus risk, determine the level of security required for your IP Telephony network, and develop Cisco IP Telephony Security Framework.
- Q&A with Cisco Senior Network Consultant Akhil Behl, Author of Securing Cisco IP Telephony Networks
- Sep 18, 2012
- Learn more about Cisco Press author Akhil Behl and the new book Securing Cisco IP Telephony Networks.
- Functional Deployment Models and Call Flows for Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal
- Jan 3, 2012
- This chapter discusses some of Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal's well-defined and commonly referenced functional deployment models.
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Platform Deployment
- Jul 27, 2011
- Q&A with Shannon McFarland, Co-Author of IPv6 for Enterprise Networks
- Apr 15, 2011
- Meet the co-author of Cisco Press’s release, IPv6 for Enterprise Networks, a book dedicated to IPv6 deployment for the enterprise. Co-author Shannon McFarland discusses the focus of the book, what makes it unique, and why you have a lot of work to do.
- Deploying IPv6 in WAN/Branch Networks
Muninder Sambi, Sanjay Hooda, Shannon McFarland, Nikhil Sharma
- Apr 13, 2011
- This chapter provides and overview of WAN/branch deployment and also covers WAN/branch IPv6 deployment considerations, WAN/branch deployment over native IPv6, and includes an example of WAN/branch implementation.
- VoIP Deployment Models in Service Provider Networks
Adeel Ahmed, Habib Madani, Talal Siddiqui
- Oct 5, 2010
- This chapter gives you an understanding of how Voice over IP (VoIP) is deployed in service provider (SP) networks by describing a use case in which the VoIP infrastructure and the transport and the access are managed by an SP.
- IPv6: Why Bother?
- Apr 16, 2010
- IPv6 has been coming Real Soon Now for well over a decade. David Chisnall looks at what the benefits it brings and how to support it.
- SIP Trunking Design and Implementation Considerations
Christina Hattingh, Darryl Sladden, ATM Zakaria Swapan
- Mar 21, 2010
- This chapter highlights many of the network design and implementation considerations you should work through while planning or installing a SIP trunk for production purposes in your network.
- Using Static IP Addresses on Your Network
- Sep 14, 2009
- Eric Geier helps you discover ways to convert from dynamic to static addresses on your network.
- Why IT Pros Need to Learn About IPv6 Security Now: An Interview with Scott Hogg and Eric Vyncke
Linda Leung, Scott Hogg, Eric Vyncke
- Jul 4, 2009
- Linda Leung talks with Scott Hogg and Eric Vyncke about IPv6 transition and security issues.
- Offloading Traditional Mobile Networks with IP
Kevin Shatzkamer, Mark Grayson, Scott Wainner
- Jun 23, 2009
- This chapter discusses pseudowire transport mechanisms used to provide a bridge between the legacy TDM systems and All IP systems on mobile networks.
- Cisco TelePresence Room Design
Alan Glowacki, Kevin McMenamy, Roland Saville, Tim Szigeti
- Jun 17, 2009
- This chapter covers the spatial, aesthetic, environmental, and technical requirements for designing an ideal space for a Cisco Telepresence system.
- IPv6 Internet Security for Your Network
Eric Vyncke, Scott Hogg
- Jun 4, 2009
- This chapter covers how to secure your network when it is connected to the IPv6 Internet.
- VoIP Performance Management and Optimization: Managing VoIP Networks
Adeel Ahmed, Habib Madani, Talal Siddiqui
- May 19, 2009
- To ensure voice quality and to optimize media delivery over the IP, it is crucial to properly plan, design, implement, and manage the underlying network. This chapter discusses what are the best practices for planning media deployment over IP networks.
- Discovering More Ways to Share on Your Windows Network
- Oct 31, 2008
- Discover three must-have accessories for your network if you want to seriously share files, printers, and media.
- Enhancing Your Network with Voice and Video Gadgets
- Oct 24, 2008
- Eric Geier covers accessories and gadgets you can use to enhance your wired or WiFi network.
- VoIP Threat Taxonomy
- Sep 24, 2008
- This chapter categorizes the main threats against VoIP service and explains their impact and possible methods of protection.
- CCNA ICND2 Exam Guide: Troubleshooting IP Routing
- Jul 10, 2008
- This troubleshooting chapter explains ping and traceroute commands, the troubleshooting the packet forwarding process, and provides troubleshooting tools and tips.