- Mastering IPv6 SLAAC Concepts and Configuration
- Dec 19, 2013
- Learn the new available methods for performing address configuration, and how to implement DHCPv6 in IPv6, and the best options for stateless configuration. Walk through a detailed sample SLAAC configuration on a Cisco device to be sure you can apply what you’ve learned to your situation.
- IPv6 Basic Subnetting and Examples
- Dec 5, 2013
- This quick and dirty look at the notation differences between IPv4 and IPv6 will ensure that you know what you need to to run IPv6 effectively on your network.
- IPv6 Translation and Tunneling Technologies
- Jun 26, 2013
- With the exhaustion of the IPv4 addressing space quickly approaching, it has become a high priority for organizations to begin their own deployments of IPv6. This can be accomplished in a number of different ways. This article examines specific methods and how they can be used to support an IPv6 deployment.
- IPv6 Tunneling Technology Configuration
- Jun 26, 2013
- This article focuses on the basic configuration of available IPv6 tunneling technologies for Cisco networks.
- Best Practices for Deploying Secure Cisco IP Telephony Solutions
- Oct 31, 2012
- A brief discussion of why it's important to secure IP Telephony Networks, how to go about it, and the actual deployment thereof.
- Cisco IP Telephony Security Framework
- Sep 21, 2012
- This chapter examines the Cisco IP Telephony Security life cycle. It also shows how to develop an IP telephony security policy, evaluate cost versus risk, determine the level of security required for your IP Telephony network, and develop Cisco IP Telephony Security Framework.
- Q&A with Cisco Senior Network Consultant Akhil Behl, Author of Securing Cisco IP Telephony Networks
- Sep 18, 2012
- Learn more about Cisco Press author Akhil Behl and the new book Securing Cisco IP Telephony Networks.
- Functional Deployment Models and Call Flows for Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal
- Jan 3, 2012
- This chapter discusses some of Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal's well-defined and commonly referenced functional deployment models.
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Platform Deployment
- Jul 27, 2011
- Q&A with Shannon McFarland, Co-Author of IPv6 for Enterprise Networks
- Apr 15, 2011
- Meet the co-author of Cisco Press’s release, IPv6 for Enterprise Networks, a book dedicated to IPv6 deployment for the enterprise. Co-author Shannon McFarland discusses the focus of the book, what makes it unique, and why you have a lot of work to do.
- Deploying IPv6 in WAN/Branch Networks
Muninder Sambi, Sanjay Hooda, Shannon McFarland, Nikhil Sharma
- Apr 13, 2011
- This chapter provides and overview of WAN/branch deployment and also covers WAN/branch IPv6 deployment considerations, WAN/branch deployment over native IPv6, and includes an example of WAN/branch implementation.
- VoIP Deployment Models in Service Provider Networks
Adeel Ahmed, Habib Madani, Talal Siddiqui
- Oct 5, 2010
- This chapter gives you an understanding of how Voice over IP (VoIP) is deployed in service provider (SP) networks by describing a use case in which the VoIP infrastructure and the transport and the access are managed by an SP.
- IPv6: Why Bother?
- Apr 16, 2010
- IPv6 has been coming Real Soon Now for well over a decade. David Chisnall looks at what the benefits it brings and how to support it.
- SIP Trunking Design and Implementation Considerations
Christina Hattingh, Darryl Sladden, ATM Zakaria Swapan
- Mar 21, 2010
- This chapter highlights many of the network design and implementation considerations you should work through while planning or installing a SIP trunk for production purposes in your network.
- Using Static IP Addresses on Your Network
- Sep 14, 2009
- Eric Geier helps you discover ways to convert from dynamic to static addresses on your network.
- Why IT Pros Need to Learn About IPv6 Security Now: An Interview with Scott Hogg and Eric Vyncke
Linda Leung, Scott Hogg, Eric Vyncke
- Jul 4, 2009
- Linda Leung talks with Scott Hogg and Eric Vyncke about IPv6 transition and security issues.
- Offloading Traditional Mobile Networks with IP
Kevin Shatzkamer, Mark Grayson, Scott Wainner
- Jun 23, 2009
- This chapter discusses pseudowire transport mechanisms used to provide a bridge between the legacy TDM systems and All IP systems on mobile networks.
- Cisco TelePresence Room Design
Alan Glowacki, Kevin McMenamy, Roland Saville, Tim Szigeti
- Jun 17, 2009
- This chapter covers the spatial, aesthetic, environmental, and technical requirements for designing an ideal space for a Cisco Telepresence system.
- IPv6 Internet Security for Your Network
Eric Vyncke, Scott Hogg
- Jun 4, 2009
- This chapter covers how to secure your network when it is connected to the IPv6 Internet.
- Discovering More Ways to Share on Your Windows Network
- Oct 31, 2008
- Discover three must-have accessories for your network if you want to seriously share files, printers, and media.