Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Cisco Frame Relay Solutions Guide
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Copyright 2004
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 696
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-116-8
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-116-6
Implement Frame Relay solutions on Cisco networks with this definitive resource
- Design the perfect Frame Relay solution, using the detailed explanation of the Frame Relay implementation process
- Configure Frame Relay on Cisco routers with comprehensive step-by-step instructions
- Understand each feature of Frame Relay by using configuration examples and explanations
- Use Cisco oriented case studies with design scenarios to understand real-life examples of each feature's application and relevance
- Contains valuable tips and hints for troubleshooting Frame Relay connections
Today, with Frame Relay's widespread popularity, major service providers around the world offer Frame Relay as one of their core services, and it has become an important technology for connecting data networks across North America, Europe, and Asia. In short, Frame Relay is a high-speed, high-performance, Layer 2 packet-switched technology designed for communication across WANs. Frame Relay is often described as a streamlined version of the X.25 protocol, and it can be implemented over a variety of other network interfaces, including ISDN. Frame Relay users have found that it provides a number of benefits over alternative technologies:
- Lower cost of ownership
- Well-established and widely adopted standards that allow open architecture and plug-and-play service implementation
- Low overhead combined with high reliability
- Network scalability, flexibility, and disaster recovery
- Interworking with other new services and applications, such as ATM
Along with these benefits and the growing popularity of Frame Relay comes the need for information and solutions to design issues, implementation, quality of service, and high availability. To meet this need, Cisco Frame Relay Solutions Guide provides comprehensive coverage of Frame Relay technologies and the Cisco Frame Relay solutions developed in Cisco IOS Software from release 12.0 up to 12.2(T). Both Frame Relay beginners, who need to understand the technology, and advanced readers, who need information on the wide range of Frame Relay features Cisco offers, will benefit from this book. However, Cisco Frame Relay Solutions Guide is a useful design, implementation, and configuration guide for networking professionals of all levels.
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from Cisco Press, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- End-to-End Quality of Service Network Design LiveLessons: QoS for Rich-Media and Cloud Networks
- Downloadable Video $199.99
- Building MPLS-Based Broadband Access VPNs
- eBook (Watermarked) $41.60
- Planet Broadband, Adobe Reader
- eBook (Watermarked) $19.17