Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Integrating Voice and Data Networks
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Copyright 2000
- Edition: 1st
- Premium Website
- ISBN-10: 1-57870-196-1
- ISBN-13: 978-1-57870-196-4
Practical solutions for the world of packetized voice over data networks
- Features in-depth solutions for the design and implementation of integrated voice and data networks
- Detailed configurations show network engineers how to implement packetized voice immediately
- Chapters on voice theory and data theory ensure mastery of fundamental knowledge
- Learn how to lower costs, streamline your organization, prepare for new multimedia applications, and gain a competitive advantage by integrating your voice and data networks
The integration of voice and data networks is creating a fundamental change in the telecommunications and data industries. This change means better phone service, lower prices, new features, less maintenance, and more choices, leading to a complete convergence of the data networking and telecommunications industries into a single community. With all this growth and change, network engineers and managers need specific information on how to integrate and configure packetized voice networks. Integrating Voice and Data Networks is the one reference manual you need to learn how to integrate traditional voice technology into existing Cisco data networks.
Integrating Voice and Data Networks is both a conceptual reference and a practical how-to book that bridges the gap between existing telephony networks and the new world of packetized voice over data networks. Underlying technologies are explained in a non-product-specific manner that gives a holistic understanding of voice/data integration. You'll then follow a complete process to design and implement a variety of network scenarios, leveraging author Scott Keagy's extensive experience with real voice/data networks.
Integrating Voice and Data Networks focuses on the implementation of Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), Voice over ATM (VoATM), and Voice over IP (VoIP) using Cisco IOS(r) voice gateways, including the Cisco MC3810, Cisco 2600/3600/7200/7500 series routers, and Cisco AS5300/AS5800 access servers.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 144 KB -- Chapter 1: The State of Voice Communications
Other Things You Might Like
- Cisco DevNet Sandbox: Collaboration Labs LiveLessons
- Online Video $79.99
- CCNA Collaboration CICD 210-060 Official Cert Guide Premium Edition and Practice Test
- Premium Edition eBook $39.99