Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Optical Network Design and Implementation
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Your Price: $51.19
- List Price: $63.99
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2004
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 840
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-105-2
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-105-0
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-367-5
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-367-2
A comprehensive guide to understanding and configuring multiservice DWDM, SONET, and SDH architectures
Optical Network Design and Implementation provides in-depth coverage of the following:
- DS1/DS3/E1/E3 over SONET/SDH
- IEEE 802.17 Resilient Packet Ring (RPR)
- Fast/Gigabit Ethernet over SONET/SDH
- VRF virtual private networks
- Double-tagged 802.1Q VPNs
- SAN transport, FICON, and Fibre Channel over SONET/SDH
- DWDM infrastructures
- Analysis of DWDM, SONET, and SDH architectures
Multiservice optical networking has multiple applications in service provider and enterprise environments. To help you make the most of these applications, Optical Network Design and Implementation provides a complete reference of technology solutions for next-generation optical networks. The book explains the differences among various MAN technologies, getting you up to speed on the solutions you need to use.
Optical Network Design and Implementation contains a broad range of technical details on multiservice optical networking and covers optical networking theory, design, and configuration by providing informative text, illustrations, and examples. It can be used as a reference for anyone designing, implementing, or supporting an optical network. Even if you're not using Cisco ONS equipment, this book can increase your awareness and understanding of optical technologies and provide you with detailed design concepts and rules for building highly scalable multiservice optical networks.
This book covers the entire spectrum of optical networking technologies from the physical layer to the network layer. If you are a network architect, network manager, or a consultant who designs, deploys, operates, or troubleshoots multiservice optical and DWDM networks, Optical Network Design and Implementation is your comprehensive guide to optical networking.
"This represents the first book that offers a comprehensive and technical guide to unique IP+Optical innovations with Cisco COMET."
-Jayshree V. Ullal, Senior Vice President, Optical Networking Group
Cisco Systems, Inc.
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from Cisco Press, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 578 KB -- Chapter 3: Fiber-Optic Technologies
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Optical Networking.
2. Time-Division Multiplexing.
3. Fiber-Optic Technologies.
4. Wavelength-Division Multiplexing.
5. SONET Architectures.
6. SDH Architectures.
7. Packet Ring Technologies.
8. Multiservice SONET and SDH Platforms.
9. Provisioning the Multiservice SONET MSPP.
10. Provisioning the Multiservice SDH MSPP.
11. Ethernet, IP, and RPR over SONET and SDH.
12. Optical Network Case Studies.
Appendix A: ML-Series Command Reference.
Appendix B: References.
Download - 293 KB -- Index
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Building Multiservice Transport Networks
- eBook (Watermarked) $41.60