Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Practical Guide to Advanced Networking Pearson uCertify Course and Simulator Bundle, A
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- 250+ structured labs designed by expert instructors to teach hands-on skills and reinforce key networking concepts
- Realistic environment for practicing Cisco configuration and troubleshooting, with no expensive equipment!
- Covers IOS navigation/administration, LAN Switching, IP addressing, routing, WANs, and much more
- Skill-building configuration exercises, configuration scenarios, complex troubleshooting scenarios, and subnetting exercises
- Copyright 2014
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7897-5261-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-5261-1
Pearson and uCertify—Bringing you Pearson’s certified and academic peer reviewed content in an accessible, flexible, & scalable platform.
The Practical Guide to Advanced Networking Pearson uCertify Course and Simulator Bundle is an Academic package designed for instructor-led classroom environments.
The package includes the Practical Guide to Advanced Networking Pearson uCertify Course and the Cisco CCENT ICND1 100-101 Network Simulator.
uCertify Course Instructor Feature Highlights
· Super roster for course and student management
· Master course and instantaneous cloning for multiple sections
· Powerful analytics to track student engagement and progress
· Customizable assignment dates and skill mastery levels
· Pre and post assessments for benchmarking
· Maps to certification exam domains
· Grade book export feature
uCertify Course Student Feature Highlights
· Device ready! Online on your computer, tablet, or your mobile device (Android, iOS)
· Course dashboard provides ease of use
· Interactive e-Learning elements throughout course
· Exercises, flash cards and quizzes
· Track progress via a personal study planner
· Video tutorials
· Simulator exercise guide for hands-on practice
About the Simulation Software
Cisco CCENT ICND1 100-101 Network Simulator helps the student develop and improve hands-on configuration and troubleshooting skills without the investment in expensive lab hardware. This state-of-the-art, interactive simulation software enables the student to practice their networking skills with almost 250 structured labs designed to help the student learn by doing, the most effective method of learning. Topics covered include router and switch navigation and administration, Ethernet LAN switches, VLANs and trunking, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and subnetting, operating Cisco routers, learning IPv4 routes with OSPFv2, configuring and verifying host connectivity, subnet design, VLSM, route summarization, IPv4 Access Control Lists (ACL), Network Address Translation (NAT), IPv6 routing, and network troubleshooting.
Experience realistic network device responses as you perform each lab, which include detailed instructions, topology diagrams, critical-thinking questions, hints, and answers. Working through the labs, you will quickly become proficient with all the common Cisco IOS version 15 router and switch commands on the CCENT exam. Choose from more than 250 labs organized by lab type or by topic. Track your progress with the lab status indicator, and use the new search feature to search for commands and keywords. Review lab objectives and step-by-step instructions within each lab, opening hints and tips sections that help you when you get stuck. Record your observations on device performance in interactive tables. Enter answers to critical thinking questions and get instant feedback to verify your work. Access performance reports in this easy-to-navigate grade history screen, which store all your attempts on each lab. View device configuration details, lab question performance, time to complete each lab, and CLI activity for each device in every lab. Export lab results to PDF files for easy sharing.
Unlike other simulators on the market, the lab scenarios included in the Cisco CCENT ICND1 100-101 Network Simulator are far more complex, challenging you to learn how to perform real-world network configuration and troubleshooting tasks.
uCertify Course Minimum Requirements
· Internet access required
· Works on the following major browsers on versions no more than 2 years old:
· Google Chrome
· Internet Explorer
· Mozilla Firefox
Cisco CCENT ICND1 100-101 Network Simulator Minimum System Requirements:
• Microsoft Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit) with SP1, Windows 7
(32-bit/64-bit) or Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit, Desktop UI only)
• Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, or 10.8
• Intel Pentium III 1GHz or faster processor
• 512MB RAM (1GB recommended)
• 500MB hard disk space
• 32-bit color depth at 1024x768 resolution
• Adobe Acrobat Reader version 8.1 and above
• Connection to the Internet during installation for access code validation
Other applications installed during installation:
• Captive Adobe AIR 3.8
• Captive JRE 6
Other Things You Might Like
- Intercloud: Solving Interoperability and Communication in a Cloud of Clouds
- eBook (Watermarked) $22.39
- An Introduction to Software Defined Networking (SDN) LiveLessons (Networking Talks)
- Downloadable Video $39.99
- End-to-End Quality of Service Network Design LiveLessons: QoS for Rich-Media and Cloud Networks
- Downloadable Video $199.99