Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Storage Networking Fundamentals: An Introduction to Storage Devices, Subsystems, Applications, Management, and File Systems
- Your Price: $57.60
- List Price: $72.00
- We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.
- Copyright 2005
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 480
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-162-1
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-162-3
An Introduction to Storage Devices, Subsystems, Applications, Management, and File Systems
- Learn fundamental storage concepts with this comprehensive introduction
- Compare storage device technologies, including Fibre Channel, SCSI, ATA, and SATA and understand their uses in network storage subsystems
- Learn about key storage processes such as volume management, storage virtualization, data snapshots, mirroring, RAID, backup, and multipathing
- Clarify the roles of file systems and databases within network storage
- Take the next step—this book prepares you to become a storage networking expert
Storage networking has become an essential ingredient in Internet information infrastructures. Becoming competent in this new and important technology area requires a sound understanding of storage technologies and principles. Storage Networking Fundamentals gives you an in-depth look into the most important storage technologies. The entire storage landscape is described, incorporating a complete view of system, device, and subsystem operations and processes. Learn how to protect data effectively using mirroring, RAID, remote copy, and backup/ recovery systems. Virtual storage technologies, such as volume management, RAID, and network virtualization, are analyzed and discussed in detail. High-availability storage through dynamic multipathing and clustered/distributed file systems is explained as are designs for robust storage subsystems. Finally, the confusing and arcane worlds of file systems and SCSI are clarified, including the role of initiators, targets, logical units, and LUNs.
Storage Networking Fundamentals is a comprehensive overview of storage technologies that also provides insights on designing and running SAN and NAS implementations.
This book is part of the Cisco Press Fundamentals Series. Books in this series introduce networking professionals to new networking technologies, covering network topologies, example deployment concepts, protocols, and management techniques.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 270 KB -- Chapter 4: Storage Devices
Table of Contents
Part I The Big Picture of Storage Networking
Chapter 1 Data Access in the Internet Era
Chapter 2 Establishing a Context for Understanding Storage Networks
Chapter 3 Getting Down with Storage I/O
Part II Working with Devices and Subsystems in Storage Networks
Chapter 4 Storage Devices
Chapter 5 Storage Subsystems
Chapter 6 SCSI Storage Fundamentals and SAN Adapters
Chapter 7 Device Interconnect Technologies for Storage Networks
Part III Applications for Data Redundancy
Chapter 8 An Introduction to Data Redundancy and Mirroring
Chapter 9 Bigger, Faster, More Reliable Storage with RAID
Chapter 10 Redundancy Over Distance with Remote Copy
Chapter 11 Connection Redundancy in Storage Networks and Dynamic Multipathing
Part IV The Foundations of Storage and Data Management
Chapter 12 Storage Virtualization: The Power in Volume Management Software and SAN Virtualization Systems
Chapter 13 Network Backup: The Foundation of Storage Management
Part V Filing Systems and Data Management in Networks
Chapter 14 File System Fundamentals
Chapter 15 Network File Systems and Network Attached Storage
Chapter 16 New Directions in Network Filing: Clustered File Systems, Distributed File Systems, and Network Storage for Databases
Chapter 17 Data Management
Part VI Appendixes
Appendix A Q & A Answers
Appendix B INCITS Storage Standards
Download - 277 KB -- Index
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Building Data Centers with VXLAN BGP EVPN: A Cisco NX-OS Perspective
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39