The IT Career Builder's Toolkit, Chapter 9: The Cover Letter
Actions & Ideas
- Create an outline for a generic cover letter.
- What is your most significant accomplishment?
- What role would you like with the company?
- Review some of the sample cover letters included on the CD-ROM that accompanies this book.
- Write a cover letter and have a mentor or honest peer review it. Let this person know that you want feedback on whether your letter will generate interest in you as a person and in your résumé.
- If you have recently or will be sending your cover letter to some companies, make sure you include a specific date for following up with those companies.