- Network Design Models
Anthony Bruno, Steve Jordan
- Sep 28, 2016
In this sample chapter from CCDA 200-310 Official Cert Guide, authors Anthony Bruno and Steve Jordan cover hierarchical network models, the Cisco Enterprise Architecture model, and high-availability network services.
- Intercloud Architecture and Technologies
- Sep 26, 2016
In this sample chapter from Intercloud: Solving Interoperability and Communication in a Cloud of Clouds, authors Jazib Frahim, Venkata Josyula, Monique Morrow, and Ken Owens explore how cloud providers have set up data centers at many locations to service their customers. For example, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Salesforce.com, and others have established data centers for hosting cloud application services such as social networking, gaming portals, and business applications. In many of these social
networks, the service components run in separate virtual machines that may be hosted in data centers owned by different cloud computing providers. In order to link the services provided by different providers at different locations around the world and to provide quality service to a consumer, it is necessary to build an Intercloud to bring the services together. This chapter details Intercloud architecture mode, Intercloud use cases, and Intercloud deploy.
- Enterprise Use Cases for Network Function Virtualization
Arvind Durai, Stephen Lynn, Amit Srivastava
- Jun 13, 2016
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV) offers new ways to design, orchestrate, and manage network services. Arvind Durai explores use cases of the adoption of NFV by enterprise architects, to control services in their tenant space.
- CSR with OpenStack
Arvind Durai, Stephen Lynn, Amit Srivastava
- Jun 1, 2016
- Are you looking at virtualization to solve your horizontal scaling challenge and reduce capital expenditure? Arvind Durai explores OpenStack, the free and open-source cloud computing platform written in Python.
- RIP Next Generation (RIPng)
- May 27, 2016
- Designing and Deploying Cisco Unified IM and Presence
- Feb 25, 2016
- This chapter describes the Cisco Unified Communications IM and Presence (IM&P) architecture and design.
- Securing Cisco Device Management
- Feb 23, 2016
- Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, Academic Edition, discusses available solutions for addressing basic security concerns of Cisco network devices, including important protocols that every security approach should implement.
- Responding to Real-World Cyber Threats
- Feb 16, 2016
- Are you ready to take on the latest cyber threats? Research shows that many organizations are not, because they're unprepared for what happens when common defenses fail to prevent a breach. Joseph Muniz, co-author of Security Operations Center: Building, Operating, and Maintaining Your SOC, explains how to build a security strategy around the assumption that your defenses WILL fail. By implementing this approach, your organization can shorten the time of exposure when you're compromised, limiting losses from a breach. Without this type of visibility, you probably won't know that you're compromised until the damage is already done.
- Cisco Programmable Fabric Using VXLAN with BGP EVPN
David Jansen, Lukas Krattiger
- Feb 9, 2016
- David Jansen and Lukas Krattiger, authors of Cisco Programmable Fabric Using VXLAN with BGP EVPN LiveLessons, explain how Cisco's BGP EVPN enhances VXLAN encapsulation with Layer 2 and Layer 3 benefits.
- DHCP Snooping: Basic Concepts and Configuration
- Feb 9, 2016
- Mason Harris, CCIE #5916 and co-author of CCNA Security 210-260 Complete Video Course, provides a streamlined introduction to DHCP snooping, a barrier to denial-of-service and man-in-the-middle attacks on organizational networks.
- Cisco Video Surveillance
Brian Morgan, Jason Ball
- Jan 25, 2016
- This chapter from CCNA Collaboration CIVND 210-065 Official Cert Guide offers a high-level overview of the solution Cisco offers in IP surveillance. The first section reviews legacy closed-circuit TV (CCTV) video-surveillance architecture and how it has evolved into what is available today. The subsequent sections cover Cisco’s physical security offering, the components involved with their solution, and the architectural design of how all the different elements work together.
- Understanding RRM
- Jan 22, 2016
- This chapter covers configuring 802.11 support and understanding RRM.
- Video: CCNP Routing and Switching ROUTE 300-101 Complete Video Course: GRE Tunnel Theory & Configuration
- Jan 20, 2016
- In this excerpt from CCNP Routing and Switching ROUTE 300-101 Complete Video Course, Kevin Wallace discusses how to create and configure a GRE Tunnel between two routers.
- Video: CCNP Routing and Switching ROUTE 300-101 Complete Video Course: OSPF Route Filtering
- Jan 18, 2016
- In this excerpt from CCNP Routing and Switching ROUTE 300-101 Complete Video Course, Kevin Wallace talks about how to do OSPF Route Filtering.
- WAN Technologies: Important Points of Interest, Part 3 of 3
- Jan 13, 2016
- Concluding this three-part series on WAN technologies, Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, Academic Edition, discusses how satellite, wireless data, and leased lines are used as part of a networking solution.
- WAN Technologies: Important Points of Interest, Part 2 of 3
- Jan 6, 2016
- In Part 2 of a three-part series, Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, Academic Edition, reviews popular low-end and mid-grade offerings for Internet access: dial-up, ISDN, DSL, and cable.
- Why Should You Consider Passing the SCYBER Exam?
- Jan 5, 2016
- Modern organizations rely on specialists to keep cyber criminals at bay. How can you demonstrate that you have the necessary skills to gain a desirable job in a security-related position? Joseph Muniz, co-author of Security Operations Center: Building, Operating, and Maintaining Your SOC, explains the value of achieving the Cisco SCYBER certification, which is designed around responding to cyber attacks.
- Video: CCNP Routing & Switching SWITCH 300-115: GLBP Operation
- Dec 30, 2015
- In this excerpt from CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Complete Video Course, Kevin Wallace discusses Gateway Load Balancing Protocol (GLBP) operation.
- Video: Introduction to CCNP Routing and Switching ROUTE 300-101 Complete Video Course
- Dec 29, 2015
- In this excerpt from CCNP Routing and Switching ROUTE 300-101 Complete Video Course, Kevin Wallace introduces his video course, talks about his credentials, and covers what he will teach in the course.
- WAN Technologies: Important Points of Interest, Part 1 of 3
- Dec 29, 2015
- In the first article of a three-part series, Sean Wilkins, co-author of CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Network Simulator, Academic Edition, provides an overview of some of the wide area networking (WAN) technologies that network engineers need to know to get that first job in the industry, or to move up in their chosen field.