- Video: IPv6 Fundamentals: A Brief Look at ICMPv6 Neighbor Discovery
- Apr 17, 2015
- In this excerpt from IPv6 Fundamentals LiveLessons: A Straightforward Approach to Understanding IPv6, Rick Graziani discusses ICMPv6 Neighbor Discovery.
- Video: Cisco Bring Your Own Device Networking: EPS (Endpoint Protection Services)
- Apr 10, 2015
- In this excerpt from Cisco Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Networking LiveLessons, Kevin Redmon discusses how to handle lost or stolen devices.
- Virtualizing Cisco Network Devices
Navaid Shamsee, Ahmed Afrose, Hesham Fayed, Ozden Karakok, David Klebanov
- Mar 17, 2015
- This chapter from CCNA Data Center DCICT 640-916 Official Cert Guide covers the virtualization capabilities of the Nexus 7000 and Nexus 5000 switches using Virtual Device Context (VDC) and Network Interface Virtualization (NIV).
- OSPF Implementation
Diane Teare, Rick Graziani, Bob Vachon
- Feb 3, 2015
- This chapter from Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide: (CCNP ROUTE 300-101) examines the Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) Protocol, one of the most commonly used interior gateway protocols in IP networking.
- Building Blocks for Data Center Cloud Architectures
Lucien Avramov, Maurizio Portolani
- Jan 26, 2015
- This chapter from The Policy Driven Data Center with ACI: Architecture, Concepts, and Methodology describes the components of a cloud infrastructure and how ACI provides network automation for the cloud. It also explains the Amazon Web Services approach; covers the role of the various orchestration tools; introduces some key concepts on how to automate the provisioning of servers and how to get started with OpenStack; explains the OpenStack modeling of the cloud infrastructure; and discusses the administrator’s task of mapping the requirements of IaaS services onto the models of these technologies.
- CCNP Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide: Configuration of Redistribution
Scott Empson, Patrick Gargano, Hans Roth
- Jan 21, 2015
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide provides information about redistribution topics.
- Troubleshooting Methods for Cisco IP Networks
- Jan 14, 2015
- This chapter from Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT) Foundation Learning Guide: (CCNP TSHOOT 300-135) defines troubleshooting and troubleshooting principles. Next, six different troubleshooting approaches are described. The third section of this chapter presents a troubleshooting example based on each of the six troubleshooting approaches.
- IP Routing on Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR: How a Router Works
Brad Edgeworth, Aaron Foss, Ramiro Garza Rios
- Jan 2, 2015
- This chapter from IP Routing on Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR: An Essential Guide to Understanding and Implementing IP Routing Protocols explains how a router performs IP routing and IP packet forwarding between different network segments.
- CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Cert Guide: Switch Port Configuration
- Dec 18, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Cert Guide presents the various Ethernet network technologies used to establish switched connections within the campus network and also details the switch commands required for configuring and troubleshooting Ethernet LAN ports.
- CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide: Classification and Marking
Narbik Kocharians, Terry Vinson
- Dec 16, 2014
- This chapter from CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2, 5th Edition covers the following subtopics from the Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching written exam blueprint: Modular QoS CLI (MQC), Network-Based Application Recognition (NBAR), QoS Classification, QoS Marking, and Cisco AutoQoS.
- CCNP Routing and Switching TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide: Troubleshooting Device Performance
Raymond Lacoste, Kevin Wallace
- Dec 9, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide discusses common reasons for high CPU and memory utilization on routers and switches, in addition to how we can recognize them. This chapter also covers interface statistics because they sometimes provide the initial indication of some type of issue.
- IPv4 Routing Protocol Concepts
Wendell Odom, Chad Hintz
- Dec 3, 2014
- This chapter from CCNA Data Center DCICN 640-911 Official Cert Guide introduces the concepts behind Interior Gateway Protocols (IGPs), typically used inside one company. In particular, this chapter discusses the theory behind types of routing protocols, including distance vector and link-state logic. The chapter also introduces the Routing Information Protocol (RIP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing protocol.
- Fundamental EIGRP Concepts
- Nov 26, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching ROUTE 300-101 Official Cert Guide covers EIGRP fundamentals, EIGRP neighborships, and neighborships over WANs.
- CCIE Security v4.0 Quick Reference: Application and Infrastructure Security
Lancy Lobo, Umesh Lakshman
- Sep 17, 2014
- This chapter from CCIE Security v4.0 Quick Reference, 3rd Edition covers HTTP, HTTPS, Simple Mail Transfer, Protocol, File Transfer Protocol, Domain Name System, and Trivial File Transfer Protocol.
- CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide: IP Forwarding (Routing)
Narbik Kocharians, Peter Paluch
- Sep 10, 2014
- This chapter from CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 1, 5th Edition covers Cisco Express Forwarding concepts, routing protocol migration, and policy-based routing.
- Cisco Data Center Fabrics and Application Centric Infrastructure
- Aug 11, 2014
- In this video Lucien Avramov explains how he can help you learn what's new in data center architecture and how to evolve your job as data center architect.
- Cisco WSA: User Authentication with Transparent Proxy
- Jul 30, 2014
- In this video Natalie Timms covers integrating user authentication with Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) based transparent proxy service on the Cisco Web Services Appliance (WSA). She shows how an existing Microsoft Active Directory user database can be leveraged to validate user credentials when determining if redirected traffic flows should be permitted through the WSA.
- Cisco ASA Licensing
Andrew Ossipov, Jazib Frahim, Omar Santos
- Jul 22, 2014
- This chapter discusses license mechanisms for the Cisco ASA's advanced security features that add additional layers of protection or accommodate more complex network designs.
- CCIE Security v4.0 Practice Lab
- Jul 15, 2014
- In this practice lab to help in your preparation for the CCIE Security exam, Natalie Timms focuses on initializing and configuring the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) in both single- and multi-context modes.
- 31 Days Before Your CCNA Routing and Switching Exam: Spanning Tree Protocols
- Jul 9, 2014
- This step in preparing for the CCNA Routing and Switching exam covers STP and its variations — standards that allow for redundant switched networks without worrying about switching loops.