Use the questions here to review what you learned in this chapter. The correct answers and solutions are found in the appendix, "Answers to Chapter Review Questions."
How do you minimize the bandwidth requirement for EIGRP packets?
- By propagating only data packets
- By propagating only hello packets
- By propagating only routing table changes and hello packets
- By propagating the entire routing table only to those routers that are affected by a topology change
Which command correctly specifies that network 10.0.0.0 is directly connected to a router that is running EIGRP?
- Router(config)# network 10.0.0.0
- Router(config)# router eigrp 10.0.0.0
- Router(config-router)# network 10.0.0.0
- Router(config-router)# router eigrp 10.0.0.0
Which command displays the amount of time since the router heard from an EIGRP neighbor?
- show ip eigrp traffic
- show ip eigrp topology
- show ip eigrp interfaces
- show ip eigrp neighbors
Which command must you configure for EIGRP to pass the subnet mask with the route?
- ip classless
- no auto-summary
- no summary
- ip subnet vlsm
Which command displays whether route filtering has been enabled?
- show interface
- show access-list
- show ip protocols
- show route-filter
Which form of authentication does EIGRP support?
- Plain text
- Both A and C
What does the EIGRP message "neighbor not on common subnet" mean?
- Duplicate EIGRP router IDs exist.
- The two adjacent neighbor interfaces do not have addresses in the same IP network.
- The MTU sizes on the two adjacent neighbor routers do not match.