Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What is a VLAN and what benefits are provided by implementing VLANs?
- What are the different types of VLANs?
- When would you use a trunk?
- How does a trunk work?
- What is the purpose of the native VLAN?
- How do you configure VLANs and trunks?
- What is DTP and when should you use it?
- What commands would be used to troubleshoot VLANs and trunks?
- What types of security issues are related to VLANs and trunks and how would you mitigate these issues?
- What are the best practices to use when implementing VLANs and trunks?