Cisco Unified Communications IM&P Introduction
Figure 14-6 illustrates the components when using Cisco Jabber for presence functionality.
Figure 14-6 CUCM IM&P
Integrating Cisco WebEx Meetings Server, Cisco Unity Connection, and other applications into the presence network offers a feature-rich communications environment with the Cisco Jabber client application as the single interface for voice and video calls, voice-mail playback, web conferencing, and integrated directories.
The following are available features in this deployment:
- Real-time availability: This feature provides real-time availability of other Cisco Jabber users.
- Contact list: This feature allows users to search the corporate directory from one easy-to-use interface to locate contacts quickly. Simply click to call.
- Media escalation: This feature provides the ability to add communication methods during a session; for example, add video to an existing audio session, or add web conferencing to an existing audio or video session.
- Click-to-call: This feature provides the ability to dial from the contact list by using the integrated softphone or an associated IP phone.
- Integrated voice and video calling: This feature provides the ability to exchange ideas face to face with a coordinated video display on the PC screen and audio conversation with the softphone. Users can place video calls to other users.
- IP phone association: This feature allows users to use Cisco Jabber to control an IP phone and make or receive calls.
- Conferencing: This feature allows users to create multiparty voice or video conferencing sessions by simply merging conversation sessions by using the Cisco Jabber intuitive interface.
- Web conferencing: This feature allows users to launch a web conferencing session immediately to share content, such as a presentation, with others.
- Voice messages: This feature allows users to access Cisco Unity Connection voice-mail messages—view, play back, sort, and delete messages—all from the same client application.