- CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Cert Guide: Switch Port Configuration
- Dec 18, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching SWITCH 300-115 Official Cert Guide presents the various Ethernet network technologies used to establish switched connections within the campus network and also details the switch commands required for configuring and troubleshooting Ethernet LAN ports.
- CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide: Classification and Marking
Narbik Kocharians, Terry Vinson
- Dec 16, 2014
- This chapter from CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2, 5th Edition covers the following subtopics from the Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching written exam blueprint: Modular QoS CLI (MQC), Network-Based Application Recognition (NBAR), QoS Classification, QoS Marking, and Cisco AutoQoS.
- CCNP Routing and Switching TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide: Troubleshooting Device Performance
Raymond Lacoste, Kevin Wallace
- Dec 9, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide discusses common reasons for high CPU and memory utilization on routers and switches, in addition to how we can recognize them. This chapter also covers interface statistics because they sometimes provide the initial indication of some type of issue.
- IPv4 Routing Protocol Concepts
Wendell Odom, Chad Hintz
- Dec 3, 2014
- This chapter from CCNA Data Center DCICN 640-911 Official Cert Guide introduces the concepts behind Interior Gateway Protocols (IGPs), typically used inside one company. In particular, this chapter discusses the theory behind types of routing protocols, including distance vector and link-state logic. The chapter also introduces the Routing Information Protocol (RIP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing protocol.
- Fundamental EIGRP Concepts
- Nov 26, 2014
- This chapter from CCNP Routing and Switching ROUTE 300-101 Official Cert Guide covers EIGRP fundamentals, EIGRP neighborships, and neighborships over WANs.
- CCIE Security v4.0 Quick Reference: Application and Infrastructure Security
Lancy Lobo, Umesh Lakshman
- Sep 17, 2014
- This chapter from CCIE Security v4.0 Quick Reference, 3rd Edition covers HTTP, HTTPS, Simple Mail Transfer, Protocol, File Transfer Protocol, Domain Name System, and Trivial File Transfer Protocol.
- CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide: IP Forwarding (Routing)
Narbik Kocharians, Peter Paluch
- Sep 10, 2014
- This chapter from CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 1, 5th Edition covers Cisco Express Forwarding concepts, routing protocol migration, and policy-based routing.
- Cisco Data Center Fabrics and Application Centric Infrastructure
- Aug 11, 2014
- In this video Lucien Avramov explains how he can help you learn what's new in data center architecture and how to evolve your job as data center architect.
- Cisco WSA: User Authentication with Transparent Proxy
- Jul 30, 2014
- In this video Natalie Timms covers integrating user authentication with Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) based transparent proxy service on the Cisco Web Services Appliance (WSA). She shows how an existing Microsoft Active Directory user database can be leveraged to validate user credentials when determining if redirected traffic flows should be permitted through the WSA.
- Cisco ASA Licensing
Andrew Ossipov, Jazib Frahim, Omar Santos
- Jul 22, 2014
- This chapter discusses license mechanisms for the Cisco ASA's advanced security features that add additional layers of protection or accommodate more complex network designs.
- CCIE Security v4.0 Practice Lab
- Jul 15, 2014
- In this practice lab to help in your preparation for the CCIE Security exam, Natalie Timms focuses on initializing and configuring the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) in both single- and multi-context modes.
- 31 Days Before Your CCNA Routing and Switching Exam: Spanning Tree Protocols
- Jul 9, 2014
- This step in preparing for the CCNA Routing and Switching exam covers STP and its variations — standards that allow for redundant switched networks without worrying about switching loops.
- A Tour of Cisco Data Center Interconnect with OTV (Overlay Transport Virtualization)
Ron Fuller, David Jansen
- Jul 2, 2014
- In this video Ron Fuller and David Jansen discuss how to evolve data centers into a multi-data center topology using interconnect functionality called Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV).
- CCIE Collaboration Quick Reference: Cisco Unified Communications Security
- Jul 2, 2014
- In this chapter, Akhil Behl explains how to secure a converged communications network by discussing potential threats as well as options for maintaining the confidentiality of network data and its integrity.
- Security by Design: Planning for Security in the Design, Deployment, and Operation of IT Systems
Keith Barker, Scott Morris
- Jul 2, 2014
- In this video Keith Barker and Scott Morris discuss the importance of security as part of the design, deployment and operations of information system today.
- Cisco Networking Academy Switched Networks Companion Guide: VLANs
Cisco Networking Academy
- Jun 25, 2014
- This chapter covers how to configure, manage, and troubleshoot VLANs and VLAN trunks. It also examines security considerations and strategies relating to VLANs and trunks, and best practices for VLAN design.
- Warmup for the CCIE Troubleshooting Lab 1
- Jun 20, 2014
- This chapter details the equipment requirements and pre-lab tasks to help you prepare for the troubleshooting portion of the CCIE Routing and Switching exam.
- Introduction to 31 Days Before Your CCNA Routing and Switching Exam
- May 19, 2014
- Allan Johnson provides a list of recommended resources to assist in your preparation for taking the CCNA Routing and Switching Exam. He also provides a brief introduction to the CCNA 200-201 Exam itself.
- CCNA Routing and Switching Practice and Study Guide: Link Aggregation
- May 16, 2014
- To help you prepare for the ICND2 200-101 Certification Exam, this chapter explains the concepts behind and configuration strategies for link aggregation: creating one logical link using multiple physical links between two devices.
- CCNA Routing and Switching Practice and Study Guide: LAN Redundancy
- May 15, 2014
- To help you prepare for the ICND2 200-101 Certification Exam, this chapter investigates how Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) logically blocks physical loops in the network and how STP has evolved into a robust protocol that rapidly calculates which ports should be blocked in a VLAN-based network.