Cisco Press is the official publisher for Cisco certification and network technology self-study resources, providing candidates with flexible learning options including books, eBooks, practice tests, video training, simulator software, and value-priced libraries.
CISCO ANNOUNCES NEW EXAMS
On March 26, 2013, Cisco announced updates to their associate-level certifications. CCENT is now the only prerequisite certification for the newly-created CCNA Routing and Switching certification (formerly CCNA) as well as the CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Security, and CCDA certifications. The changes reflect the evolving job market and the latest Cisco technology, including IOS v15, IPv6 Support, IOS licensing, and a simplified 802.1x security implementation. For full details, visit Cisco.com.
Featured Products for the New Exams and Certifications
SIMULATORSComing Late Summer & Fall for New CCENT Exam
The Pearson IT Certification Simulator software will help you systematically develop and sharpen the hands-on Cisco network configuration and troubleshooting skills you need to pass your CCENT exam, without investing a dime in expensive lab hardware. Its state-of-the-art simulation software enables you to practice real-world networking skills with more than 400 structured labs designed to reinforce exam topics, including: IPv6, router and switch navigation and administration, LAN switching, IP addressing, routing, WANs, subnetting, and troubleshooting. New grade reporting makes assessing your performance easier, and new free-play lab environments allow you to build your own lab exercises using 23 CCNA network topologies and hundreds of Cisco IOSv15 router and switch commands.
Special Offer: Buy a simulator for an existing exam on ciscopress.com on or after March 26, 2013 from the listing below and you will automatically receive a FREE copy of a simulator for the new exams when they are available in late summer and fall.**
CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator, Second Edition
VIDEO TRAININGComing Late Summer & Fall
Learn the Topics
These early-stage learning products give you the foundational knowledge covering all aspects of the CCNA exam. These are ideal products for someone new to the topics on the CCNA exam.
• Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 1 (ICND1): CCNA Exam 640-802 and ICND1 Exam 640-822, Second Edition
Practice for the Exam
These late-stage preparation products help you practice for the exam and review all the exam topics.
• CCNA Flash Cards and Exam Practice Pack, Third Edition
• CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator: Software Download, Second Edition
Five winners will receive vouchers for a free CCENT or CCNA Exam from Pearson VUE, plus a study pack containing an Official Cert Guide, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test, and Simulator.
• Job Role: This certification validates the skills required for entry-level network support positions - the starting point for many successful careers in networking.
• Prerequisite Certification: None
• Required Exams: 100-101 ICND1
• This is a 3-year certification program. You can recertify by taking any associate-level exam or professional-level exam or higher. Or you can take the CCIE certification exam before your certification expires.
• Recommended Years of Experience or Knowledge: 6 months to 1 year
• To schedule an exam, visit PearsonVUE.com/Cisco
• About CCNA Routing & Switching
• About CCNA Security
• About CCNA Voice
• About CCNA Wireless
• About CCDA
• Free Webcasts with Cisco Press Authors
• Free Video Podcasts
• Register at PearsonVUE.com
The Cisco Learning Network is an online community for Cisco-certified customers that helps customers and partners interact, collaborate, learn, mentor peers, and prepare for certification exams via discussion forums, blogs, video interviews, wikis, and other interactive Web 2.0 technologies.
Cisco Press has monthly e-mail newsletters for networking professionals as well as exclusive newsletters for Networking Academy students and instructors. In addition, we send out periodic e-mails announcing new products and special offers. Sign up today.
Cisco Learning Partners are the only authorized commercial sources for Cisco training. These organizations and their instructors are uniquely qualified to offer market-leading training on the latest advances in Cisco technology and can prepare students to take a wide variety of Cisco Certification exams.
Two courses are recommended for CCNA Routing & Switching certification: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 1 (ICND1), and Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 2 (ICND2).
* Discount code CCNA30 is valid for a 30% discount off the list price of products relating to the new ICND1 (100-101), ICND2 (200-101), and CCNA (200-120) exams purchased on ciscopress.com. Discount is not valid on book + eBook bundles, eBook/Video Deal of the Week featured titles, Safari Books Online, Rough Cuts, individual video lessons, non-discountable titles, or titles on promotion with our retail partners. Discount code may not be combined with any other offer and is not redeemable for cash. Discount offer expires June 30, 2013. Offer subject to change.
** Upon completion of purchase of any of these Simulator ISBNS -- 9781587204449, 9780132954297, 9780132953825, 9781587204456, or 9780132984935 -- on ciscopress.com, you will become eligible to receive a single-use upgrade coupon code, good for one software download of the corresponding new ICND1, ICND2, or CCNA Simulator. The upgrade coupon will be sent to you once the new Simulator products are published and ready for download on ciscopress.com. One coupon code per purchase. Any orders that are returned are not eligible for free coupon. Cisco Press is not responsible for lost coupon codes.
*** Discount code CCNA45 is valid for a 45% discount off the list price of products relating to existing ICND1 (640-822), ICND2 (640-816), and CCNA (640-802) exams purchased on ciscopress.com. Discount is not valid on book + eBook bundles, eBook/Video Deal of the Week featured titles, Safari Books Online, Rough Cuts, individual video lessons, non-discountable titles, or titles on promotion with our retail partners. Discount code may not be combined with any other offer and is not redeemable for cash. Discount offer expires September 30, 2013. Offer subject to change.