On October 19, 2010, Learning@Cisco announced the evolution of the CCVP certification, renaming it CCNP Voice. The new CCNP Voice certification reflects alignment to Cisco's Unified Communications and Collaboration v8.0 solutions portfolio, and aligns it with the latest courses and exams.
Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP Voice validates advanced knowledge and skills required to integrate into underlying network architectures. Furthermore, this certification validates a robust set of skills in implementing, operating, configuring, and troubleshooting a converged IP network.
CCNA Voice or any CCIE Certification can act as a prerequisite.
• 642-437 CVOICE v8.0 Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Voice over IP and QoS v8.0
• 642-447 CIPT1 v8.0 Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1 v8.0
• 642-457 CIPT2 v8.0 Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 v8.0
• 642-427 TVOICE v8.0 Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications v8.0
• 642-467 CAPPS v8.0 Integrating Cisco Unified Communications Applications v8.0
Register at PearsonVUE.com to take the CCVP Exams.
Cisco professional-level certifications (CCNP, CCNP Wireless, CCDP, CCSP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, and CCIP) are valid for three years. To recertify, pass any 642-XXX exam that is part of the professional-level curriculum, or any CCIE/CCDE written exam, before the certification expiration date.
Candidates can prepare for the CCNP Voice exams by taking a course from an Official Cisco Training Partner. Find a training course.
The Cisco Learning Network is an online community for Cisco-certified customers that helps customers and partners interact, collaborate, learn, mentor peers, and prepare for certification exams via discussion forums, blogs, video interviews, wikis, and other interactive Web 2.0 technologies.
Cisco Press has monthly e-mail newsletters for networking professionals as well as Networking Academy students and instructors. Sign up today.