Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Art of the Data Center, The: A Look Inside the World's Most Innovative and Compelling Computing Environments
- Your Price: $69.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 368
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58714-296-1
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58714-296-3
Today, data centers are the beating hearts of the companies they serve. Data centers process billions of Internet transactions every day. It's therefore critical for companies and IT organizations to understand the state-of-the-art in data center design. Narrow aspects - such as cooling, wiring, or power usage - are often the subject of technical documents. But it's rare to find a holistic view of how a great data center was designed - until now. In The Art of the Data Center, Cisco's Douglas Alger takes you behind the scenes at eighteen of the world's most innovative data centers. Through interviews with their designers, Alger reveals why key decisions were made, and shows how construction and other challenges were overcome. He goes behind the scenes with pioneering companies like Cisco, eBay, Facebook, and Yahoo! presenting design lessons that can be applied in widely diverse environments.
Readers will encounter amazing data centers like these:
- A data center built into a 1920s chapel
- A data center built in an underground military bunker, with artificial daylight, manmade waterfalls, and submarine engines providing standby power
- A data center inspired by a chicken coop
- The world's first all solar data center
Do you have a Safari Books Online account? Have a look and a listen, too! The Safari edition of this book includes 8 audio recordings from the author describing lessons learned, industry trends and general insights as well as more detailed explanations of certain Data Center topics raised within the profiles. Links to these recordings appear throughout the book, wherever the topic is discussed.
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 ACT
Chapter 2 Affordable Internet Services Online (AISO)
Chapter 3 Bahnhof
Chapter 4 Barcelona Supercomputing Center
Chapter 5 Calcul Quebec
Chapter 6 Cisco
Chapter 7 Citi
Chapter 8 Digital Realty Trust
Chapter 9 eBay
Chapter 10 Facebook
Chapter 11 Green House Data
Chapter 12 IBM
Chapter 13 Intel
Chapter 14 IO
Chapter 15 NetApp
Chapter 16 Syracuse University
Chapter 17 TerremarkChapter 18 Yahoo!
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- IP Multicast Fundamentals LiveLessons (Workshop)
- Downloadable Video $159.99
- IP Multicast Fundamentals LiveLessons (Workshop) (Streaming)
- Online Video $159.99