Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
CCNA Self-Study: CCNA Basics (CCNAB)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
Foundation learning for CCNA exam #640-607
- Copyright 2003
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 592
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-107-9
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-107-4
Cisco authorized self-study book for CCNA fundamentals
- Prepare for CCNA certification with a Cisco authorized self-study guide
- Identify common types of networks including LANs, WANs, MANs, SANs, content networks, and VPNs
- Examine various media types including twisted-pair, coaxial, and fiber-optic cable and wireless communication and learn how to assemble and cable Cisco routers and switches
- Learn fundamental LAN switching concepts such as congestion issues, segmentation, and virtual LANs (VLANs)
- Understand the TCP/IP protocol stack components and the functionality of ICMP, ARP, and RARP
- Understand IP addressing and subnetting, routing and routed protocols,and distance-vector, link-state, and hybrid routing approaches
- Examine protocols and technologies used in the WAN, including Frame Relay, ATM, SONET, dialup access technologies, analog and cable modems, and DSL
- Evaluate wireless-enabling technologies, including radio frequency modulation, unlicensed frequencies, spread spectrum, and wireless LAN
- Learn how optical networks provide speed, data transportation, capacity, and scalability
CCNA Self-Study: CCNA Basics (CCNAB) is a Cisco authorized, self-paced learning tool for fundamental CCNA knowledge. The Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification indicates foundation knowledge of networking for the small office/home office. CCNA certified professionals can install, configure, and operate LAN, WAN, and dial access services for small networks.
CCNA Self-Study: CCNA Basics (CCNAB) is designed as a comprehensive reference for students and networking professionals seeking an introduction to networking terminology, technologies, and techniques. This book presents important networking fundamentals using the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) seven-layer model concepts. Divided into 10 parts, each containing short, manageable chapters, this book provides you with a baseline of knowledge that is essential for understanding how to design, configure, and manage small networks.
Each of the 10 parts covers a major networking topic, including computing and networking basics, network types, network media, switching fundamentals, TCP/IP, routing basics, WAN technologies, wireless technologies, optical networking, and voice, video, and data integration. Each chapter begins with objectives and an overview and ends with summaries and review questions to help you assess your knowledge. Terminology and technologies are explained in a straightforward, concise manner, which can be easily understood and referenced for review. This book is an invaluable reference manual for aspiring CCNA professionals as well as more experienced networking engineers who desire an encyclopedic resource of networking concepts. It introduces and explains the standards, protocols, and devices that form the foundation of modern network implementations.
CCNA Self-Study: CCNA Basics (CCNAB) is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco Systems that can include simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit: www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 505 KB -- Chapter 8: Network Media Types
Table of Contents
(NOTE: Each chapter concludes a Summary and Review Exercises.)
I. INTRODUCTION TO NETWORKING.
II. NETWORK TYPES.
III. NETWORK MEDIA.
IV. SWITCHING FUNDAMENTALS.
VI. IP ADDRESSING AND ROUTING.
VII. WAN TECHNOLOGIES.
VIII. WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY.
IX. OPTICAL NETWORKING FUNDAMENTALS.
Download - 450 KB -- Index
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Cisco CCENT Mind Share Game
- DVD $39.99
- Networker's Journal, A
- Book $19.20