Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
CCNP Practical Studies: Remote Access (CCNP Self-Study)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Text developed in conjunction with Cisco Systems.
Ensures accurate coverage of the new CCNP BCRAN 642-821exam released in 2003 with information from the source-available to NO OTHER PUBLISHER.
- Lab Scenarios show students how BCRAN concepts actually are applied in real networks.
Improves student comprehension by providing operation understanding of topics.
- Modular writing style.
Labs provide step-by-step implementation, building to a larger network implementation example.
- Lab-building instruction.
Students learn how to build a home-based lab for hands-on learning.
- Copyright 2004
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58720-073-2
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58720-073-1
Gain hands-on experience of CCNP Remote Access topics with lab scenarios for the new 642-821 BCRAN exam
- Prepare for the CCNP 642-821 BCRAN exam and gain a better, practical understanding of exam concepts
- Experience how remote access concepts work in a real network with practice labs that walk you through their implementation
- Review set-up guides that show you how to prepare a lab for study
- Ready yourself for the new simulation-based questions on the CCNP exams
CCNP Practical Studies: Remote Access (CCNP Self-Study) prepares readers for the CCNP 642-821 BCRAN exam and for workplace challenges in implementing remote access network applications. Designed as a topic-by-topic guide of how to apply remote access concepts in a real network setting, this book is useful in preparing a CCNP candidate for the general exam questions by providing a better understanding of how remote access really works. It is also essential in preparing candidates for the new simulation-based questions that are on the Cisco certification exams. Finally, it serves anyone wanting a guide to real-world application of these concepts, regardless of certification interest.
Each chapter includes a review of the applicable technology, and guides the reader through implementation of the technology. This step-by-step process can be executed on a home- or office-based lab, a remote-accessible lab, some networking simulation software programs, or even as a stand-alone guide.
All of the topics on the new 642-821 BCRAN exam are covered, providing comprehensive exam preparation.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 550 KB -- Chapter 8: Using DSL to Access a Central Site
Table of Contents
I. GETTING STARTED WITH REMOTE ACCESS.1. Introduction.
2. Selecting Cisco Products for Remote Connections.
II. ENABLING ON-DEMAND CONNECTIONS.3. Configuring Asynchronous Connections with Modems.
4. Using Cable Modems to Access a Central Site.
5. Configuring Point-to-Point Protocol and Controlling.
III. ENHANCING ON-DEMAND CONNECTIVITY.6. Using ISDN and DDR Technologies to Enhance Remote Connectivity.
7. Optimizing the Use of DDR Interface-Dialer Profiles and Rotary Groups.
IV. ENABLING PERMANENT CONNECTIONS TO THE CENTRAL SITE.8. Using DSL to Access a Central Site.
9. Frame Relay Connection and Traffic Flow Control.
10. Enabling Backup to a Permanent Connection.
11. Managing Network Performance with Queuing and Compression.
V. SCALING REMOTE ACCESS NETWORKS.12. Scaling IP Addresses with Network Address Translation.
13. Using AAA to Scale Access Control in an Expanding Network.
14. Securing Remote Access Network Connections Overview of VPN Technology.
Download - 222 KB -- Index