Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Cisco CCNA Network Simulator (CCNA Self-Study, 640-801)
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2005
- Dimensions: Special (all other)
- Pages: 12
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58720-131-3
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58720-131-8
Please note - this product is out of date and no longer available. The new replacement simluator is the Pearson CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator, ISBN 1587202166.
Description of the old product:
Router simulation software for hands-on CCNA 640-801 skills enhancement
- Design a network with up to 200 routers and switches
- Choose from 45 different router and switch models
- Learn from more than 100 CCNA labs
Cisco CCNA Network Simulator helps you develop and practice hands-on skills without the investment in expensive lab hardware. This simulator software, reviewed by six CCIE® engineers, allows you to
- Design networks with the drag-and-drop Boson Network Designer that simulates up to 200 devices using 45 different device models–all with no upgrade required.
- Practice your networking skills with more than 100 structured labs, including 37 standalone labs, 20 sequential labs, 26 scenario labs, and 22 advanced labs.
- Experience actual network device response as each simulated routing and switching protocol maintains its own routing and bridging table for true-to-life routing and switching simulation.
- Reinforce your knowledge with excerpts from the best-selling CCNA INTRO and ICND Exam Certification Guides by Wendell Odom.
To find out more about instructor-led, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
|Cisco CCNA Network Simulator||Closest Competitor|
|Number of Included Labs||105||84|
|Lab Grading Function||yes||no|
|Integrated Program Tutorial||yes||no|
|Add Your Own Labs to the Lab Menu System||yes||no|
|Load/Save Entire Network Snapshot with Configs||yes||no|
|Load/Save Individual Router/Switch Device Configs||yes||yes|
|Load Real Router/Switch Device Configs||yes||no|
|Telnet to a Device with Any Standard Telnet Program||yes||no|
|Telnet to a Device Using Simulated Terminal Server||yes||no|
|Different Device Models for Making Custom Network||45||4|
|Total Simultaneous Devices in the Same Network||200||13|
Router Simulator engine and Network Designer both support 45 different Cisco device models, including the following families of routers and switches:
|Cisco 800 Series Routers |
Cisco 1000 Series Routers
Cisco 1600 Series Routers
Cisco 1700 Series Routers
Cisco 2500 Series Routers
Cisco 2600 Series Routers
|Cisco 3600 Series Routers|
Cisco 4500 Series Routers
Cisco 1900 Series Switches
Cisco 2950 Series Switches
Slot-Based Devices with Capability to Change Modules
Hosts with Friendly CLI and Integrated Help
Minimum Software Requirements:
- IBM-PC 100% Compatible at 500 MHz or faster
- Windows® 98 or Me with 64 MB RAM
- Windows 2000® or XP with 128 MB RAM
- NOT supported: Windows 95, NT, or Server
- CD-ROM disk drive 4x or faster
- 100 MB of free disk space
- TCP/IP installed
- Adobe® Acrobat® Reader version 5.0 or higher
- Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher
- Video card capable of 800x600 resolution with 8-bit (256) colors
- Internet access for immediate registration