Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Deploying Cisco Voice over IP Solutions
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Your Price: $35.20
- List Price: $44.00
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2002
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 608
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-030-7
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-030-5
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-426-4
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-426-6
Learn real-world voice-over-IP deployment solutions and strategies from the Cisco experts
Deploying Cisco Voice over IP Solutions covers:
- Definitive guidelines on real-world VoIP deployments, the fundamentals of the latest VoIP solutions, and a look into the future of VoIP services
- Different techniques for engineering and properly sizing traffic-sensitive voice networks
- Basic concepts applicable to echo analysis, echo cancellation, and locating and eliminating echoes
- Various QoS features applicable to voice
- Detailed information on call admission control (CAC)
- Dial plan configuration recommendations on Cisco H.323 gateways and gatekeepers used to support large dial plans
- Basic tasks of designing a long-distance VoIP network
- The two classes of hosted voice networks: Managed Multiservice (MMS) networks and packet voice VPNs
- Fax services store and forward as well as real-time relay fax services
- Sample configurations and step-by-step examples to help you learn how to build a VoIP network
Deploying Cisco Voice over IP Solutions provides networking professionals the knowledge, advice, and insight necessary to design and deploy voice over IP (VoIP) networks that meet customers' needs for scalability, services, and security. Beginning with an introduction to the important preliminary design elements that need to be considered before implementing VoIP, Deploying Cisco Voice over IP Solutions also demonstrates the basic tasks involved in designing an effective service provider-based VoIP network. You'll conclude with design and implementation guidelines for some of the more popular and widely requested VoIP services, such as prepaid services, fax services, and virtual private networks (VPNs).
This book is a collaboration of Cisco Systems CCIE(r) engineers, technical marketing engineers, and systems engineers. You'll find design experience from people who have designed some of the world's largest VoIP networks.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 181 KB -- Chapter 1: Understanding Traffic Analysis
Table of Contents
I. NETWORK DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS.1. Understanding Traffic Analysis.
Traffic Theory Basics. Traffic Models. Selecting Traffic Models. Applying Traffic Analysis to VoIP Networks. End-to-End Traffic Analysis Example.2. Understanding Echo Analysis.
Echo Analysis Basics. Locating an Echo. Effects of Network Elements on Echo. Echo Canceller. Customer Expectations About Echo. Service Provider Expectations About Echo. Configuring Gateways to Minimize Echo. Process for Locating and Eliminating Echoes. Echo Analysis Case Study.3. Understanding Quality of Service for Voice over IP.
Quality of Service Requirements. Packet Classification. QoS Queuing Mechanisms. Fragmentation and Interleaving. Traffic Shaping. IP RTP Header Compression. Differentiated Services for VoIP. VoIP QoS over Leased Lines (Using PPP) Example. VoIP QoS over Frame Relay Networks Example. VoIP QoS over ATM Example. RSVP—Dynamic Classification and Admission Control.4. Understanding Call Admission Control.
Call Admission Control. CAC Mechanisms. Local CAC Mechanisms. Measurement-Based CAC Mechanisms. Resource-Based CAC Mechanisms. Feature Combinations, Interactions, and Sequencing.
II. NETWORK DESIGN STRATEGIES.5. Designing Static Dial Plans for Large VoIP Networks.
Components of Large H.323 Networks. Design Methodology for Large-Scale Dial Plans. H.323 Network Components in Large-Scale Dial Plans. Dial Plan Call Routing Tools and Features. Example: Use of Translation Rules, Technology Prefixes, and Dial-Peer Failover. Example: Implementing an International Dial Plan.6. Designing a Long-DistanceVoIP Network.
Long-Distance VoIP Network Features and Benefits. Long-Distance VoIP Design Methodology. Step 1: Identify Services. Step 2: Determine Carriers or Providers. Step 3: Determine Interconnection Types. Step 4: Determine Call Topologies. Step 5: Identify Deployment Scenario. Step 6: Identify Functional Areas. Step 7: Identify Required Hardware and Software Components. Step 8: Identify Design and Scalability Issues. Step 9: Configure and Provision Components.
III. NETWORK SERVICES.7. Managed Multiservice Networks and Packet Voice VPNs.
Managed Multiservice Networks. Peer-to-Peer Managed Multiservice Networks. Packet Voice Virtual Private Networks.8. Fax Services.
Traditional Fax over Circuit-Switched Networks. Cisco Store and Forward Fax. T.38 Real-Time Fax and Never-Busy Fax Service.9. Unified Messaging.
Market Scope. Unified Messaging Features. Components of a Unified Messaging System. Typical uOne Call Flows. Deploying Unified Messaging Services in a Service Provider Environment. Deploying Unified Messaging for Dial Internet Access. Deploying Unified Messaging for Dedicated Internet Access. Redundancy and Load Balancing. Unified Messaging Configuration Examples.10. Prepaid Services.
Debit Card Application Overview. Debit Card Application Functional Call Flow. Architecture for Internally Managed Prepaid Services. Prepaid Services Configuration Guidelines. Internally Managed Prepaid Services Call Example. Using OSP for Clearinghouse Services. OSP Clearinghouse Operation and Call Flow. Architecture for OSP. OSP Clearinghouse Solution Configuration Guidelines. Troubleshooting OSP. OSP Clearinghouse Configuration Examples.
IV. APPENDIXES.Appendix A: Erlang B Traffic Model.
Appendix B: Extended Erlang B Traffic Model.
Appendix C: TCL IVR Scripts.
Download - 272 KB -- Index
Other Things You Might Like
- CCNA Collaboration CICD 210-060 Official Cert Guide Premium Edition and Practice Test
- Premium Edition eBook $39.99
- End-to-End Quality of Service Network Design LiveLessons: QoS for Rich-Media and Cloud Networks
- Downloadable Video $199.99