Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Intercloud: Solving Interoperability and Communication in a Cloud of Clouds
- Your Price: $22.39
- List Price: $27.99
- Available on demand.
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2016
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 288
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-418921-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-418921-5
The complete guide to Cisco® Intercloud: use cases, planning, and deployment Using Cisco Intercloud technologies, you can seamlessly integrate private, hybrid, and public clouds–securely providing the right resources at will, with consistent control.
Now, four leading experts thoroughly introduce these powerful new technologies. Writing for CTOs, IT/network managers, security architects, product managers, application owners, service architects, and consultants, they explain both underlying Intercloud concepts and practical use cases.
Sharing deep architectural insight, the authors focus on key technical enablers, from virtualization to autonomic management and advanced protocols. They also address the business challenges service providers will face in federated Intercloud relationships. Illuminating the Intercloud with cutting-edge customer examples, they also describe a phased pathway towards coherent deployment. You’ll discover how the Intercloud can improve agility, portability, cost, and speed–and how to start transforming its potential into reality.
- Explore the Intercloud from both a technical and business standpoint
- Understand the role of Intercloud federations, exchanges, and brokers
- Review models for architecture and deployment
- Plan for effective service and customer management
- Manage workload portability without compromising service levels
- Handle service provisioning, assurance, and billing
- Implement best practices for federated security, privacy, and compliance
- Understand cloud APIs from “network up” and “application down” views
- Preview emerging standards for interoperability across disparate clouds
- Overcome challenges at IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and other service layers
- Define user-to-network service contracts (UNCs) that permit dynamic cloud service mashups
- Understand microservices architectures and overlays for porting Intercloud applications
- Use the Intercloud to cooperatively engage resources from multiple cloud domains, and solve real business problems
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from Cisco Press®, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 2 and Index)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Cloud as We Know It Today
Chapter 2 Intercloud Architecture and Technologies
Chapter 3 Intercloud IT Management Strategy
Chapter 4 Intercloud Architecture(s) and Provisioning
Chapter 5 Intercloud Service Assurance
Chapter 6 Intercloud Accounting and Billing
Chapter 7 Intercloud Security
Chapter 8 Cloud Operating Systems
Chapter 9 Use Cases for Building Intercloud Hybrid Clouds
Appendix A Intercloud Standards Organizations and Industry Bodies
Appendix B Acronyms and Abbreviations
Other Things You Might Like
- An Introduction to Software Defined Networking (SDN) LiveLessons (Networking Talks)
- Downloadable Video $39.99
- End-to-End Quality of Service Network Design LiveLessons: QoS for Rich-Media and Cloud Networks
- Downloadable Video $199.99