Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Internet Routing Architectures, 2nd Edition
Best Value Purchase
Book + eBook Bundle
- Your Price: $79.50
- List Price: $132.00
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Your Price: $59.20
- List Price: $74.00
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Your Price: $46.40
- List Price: $58.00
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Example-oriented approach—Uses a practical, example-oriented approach to provide real solutions.
Prepares students for real ISP connectivity problems. Ex.___
- BGP4 and Routing Practices—Covers control expansion of interior routing protocols using BGP4, design sound and stable networks, configuring the required policies using Cisco IOS software, and exploring routing practices and rules on the Internet.
Prepares students for work with essential routing protocols. Ex.___
- Global Internet integration.
Provides students with the beginning knowledge on how to integrate the network on the global Internet and discover how to build large-scale autonomous systems. Ex.___
- Industry Expert—Sam Halabi is one of the industry's foremost experts in the Internet Service Provider line of business. Mr. Halabi was recently Vice President of Marketing at an IP networking startup and has spent many years at Cisco Systems where he led the IP Carrier Marketing effort. Mr. Halabi is an expert in complex routing protocols and has specialized in the design of large-scale IP networks. An active member in the industry, Halabi serves as a board member of the Optical Internetworking Forum and a member of the MPLS Forum.
Instructors can bring to students the insight and experience of an expert, regarded as authority, on theoretical and real-world routing practices. Ex.___
- Copyright 2000
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 528
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 1-57870-233-X
- ISBN-13: 978-1-57870-233-6
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-435-3
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-435-8
The industry's leading resource for Internet routing solutions and scenarios
- Explore the functions, attributes, and applications of BGP-4, the de facto interdomain routing protocol, through practical scenarios and configuration examples
- Learn the contemporary Internet structure and understand how to evaluate a service provider in dealing with routing and connectivity issues
- Master the addressing techniques--including Classless Interdomain Routing (CIDR)--that are demanded today to facilitate the Internet's rapid and continuing growth
- Develop optimal routing policies--redundancy, traffic balancing, symmetry, and stability--for your network
- Learn how to seamlessly integrate your intradomain and interdomain routing and manage large and growing autonomous systems
Internet Routing Architectures, Second Edition, explores the ins and outs of interdomain routing network designs with emphasis on BGP-4 (Border Gateway Protocol Version 4)--the de facto interdomain routing protocol.
Using a practical, example-oriented approach, this comprehensive resource provides you with real solutions for ISP connectivity issues. You will learn how to integrate your network on the global Internet and discover how to build large-scale autonomous systems. You will also learn to control expansion of interior routing protocols using BGP-4, design sound and stable networks, configure the required policies using Cisco IOS Software, and explore routing practices and rules on the Internet.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 145 KB -- Chapter 4: Interdomain Routing Basics
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 4 and Index)
Table of Contents
I. THE CONTEMPORARY INTERNET.1. Evolution of the Internet.
2. ISP Services and Characteristics.
3. IP Addressing and Allocation Techniques.
II. ROUTING PROTOCOL BASICS.4. Interdomain Routing Basics.
5. Border Gateway Protocol Version 4.
III. EFFECTIVE INTERNET ROUTING DESIGNS.6. Tuning BGP Capabilities.
7. Redundancy, Symmetry, and Load Balancing.
8. Controlling Routing Inside the Autonomous System.
9. Controlling Large-Scale Autonomous Systems.
10. Designing Stable Internets.
IV. INTERNET ROUTING DEVICE CONFIGURATION.11. Configuring Basic BGP Functions and Attributes.
12. Configuring Effective Internet Routing Policies.
V. APPENDIXES.Appendix A: BGP Command Reference.
Appendix B: References for Further Study.
Appendix C: BGP Outbound Route Filter (ORF).
Appendix D: Multiprotocol BGP (MBGP).
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Policy Driven Data Center with ACI, The: Architecture, Concepts, and Methodology
- eBook (Watermarked) $44.79
- NX-OS Configuration Fundamentals LiveLessons
- Downloadable Video $239.99