Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Cisco's IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software curriculum introduces the skills needed to help meet growing demand for entry-level information and communication technology (ICT) professionals. It covers the fundamentals of PC technology, networking, and security, and also introduces advanced concepts. While extensive online study resources are available, many have requested a low-cost printed resource for study offline. This booklet is that resource. Drawn directly from the online curriculum, it covers every skill and competency required by the new A+ exams (220-801 and 220-802):
* Define IT and describe a computer's components
* Protect self, equipment, and the environment
* Assemble a desktop computer step-by-step, and install and navigate an operating system
* Explain and perform preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting
* Upgrade or replace components of laptops and peripherals
* Connect computers to networks
* Implement basic security
* Communicate well and behave professionally
* Assess customer needs, analyze possible configurations, and recommend solutions
This booklet enables students to study offline, highlight key points, and take handwritten notes. Its text is extracted word-for-word, from the online course, and headings with exact page correlations link to the online course for classroom discussions and exam preparation. Icons direct readers to the online Cisco Networking Academy curriculum to take full advantage of the images, labs, and activities provided there.
Chapter 1, Introduction to the Personal Computer (1.3 MB .pdf)
Chapter 2, Lab Procedures and Tool Use (964 KB .pdf)
Chapter 3, Computer Assembly (1.3 MB .pdf)
1. Introduction to the Personal Computer
2. Lab Procedures and Tool Use
3. Computer Assembly
4. Overview of Preventive Maintenance
5. Operating Systems
8. Mobile Devices
11. The IT Professional
12. Advanced Troubleshooting
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.