Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
IT Essentials Course Booklet, Version 5
- Your Price: $27.00
- List Price: $30.00
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- The brand-new version of Cisco Networking Academy's A+ course, in a low-cost, text-only booklet for easy offline studying
- Fully updated to reflect 2012 CompTIA A+ objectives and prepare students for both A+ exams: 220-801 and 220-802
- Thoroughly covers A+ objectives related to the fundamentals of PC technology, operating systems, networking, security, and troubleshooting
- Handy printed format lets students easily highlight, take notes, and study when Internet access isn't available
- Links directly to Cisco Networking Academy's online curriculum
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 8-1/2" x 10-7/8"
- Pages: 408
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58713-309-1
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58713-309-1
Cisco's IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software curriculum introduces the skills needed to help meet growing demand for entry-level information and communication technology (ICT) professionals. It covers the fundamentals of PC technology, networking, and security, and also introduces advanced concepts. While extensive online study resources are available, many have requested a low-cost printed resource for study offline. This booklet is that resource. Drawn directly from the online curriculum, it covers every skill and competency required by the new A+ exams (220-801 and 220-802):
* Define IT and describe a computer's components
* Protect self, equipment, and the environment
* Assemble a desktop computer step-by-step, and install and navigate an operating system
* Explain and perform preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting
* Upgrade or replace components of laptops and peripherals
* Connect computers to networks
* Implement basic security
* Communicate well and behave professionally
* Assess customer needs, analyze possible configurations, and recommend solutions
This booklet enables students to study offline, highlight key points, and take handwritten notes. Its text is extracted word-for-word, from the online course, and headings with exact page correlations link to the online course for classroom discussions and exam preparation. Icons direct readers to the online Cisco Networking Academy curriculum to take full advantage of the images, labs, and activities provided there.
Chapter 1, Introduction to the Personal Computer (1.3 MB .pdf)
Chapter 2, Lab Procedures and Tool Use (964 KB .pdf)
Chapter 3, Computer Assembly (1.3 MB .pdf)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Personal Computer
2. Lab Procedures and Tool Use
3. Computer Assembly
4. Overview of Preventive Maintenance
5. Operating Systems
8. Mobile Devices
11. The IT Professional
12. Advanced Troubleshooting
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.