Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Large-Scale IP Network Solutions (CCIE Professional Development)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
Foundation learning for CCIE exams
- Copyright 1999
- Edition: 1st
- Premium Website
- ISBN-10: 1-57870-084-1
- ISBN-13: 978-1-57870-084-4
An essential guide to scaling and maintaining large networks.
- Understand critical scalability issues and the parameters to plan for future network growth
- Examine detailed migration plans with sample scenarios and working Cisco configuration examples
- Learn the pros and cons of each major routing protocol and how to choose the right one for your environment
- Understand the operations and scalability features of Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM)
- Implement effective quality of service and network management techniques
- Benefit from extensive large-scale network design and configuration case studies
Large-Scale IP Network Solutions provides practical advice for network engineers as IP networks grow and become more complex. With in-depth discussions of the major IP protocols--including RIP, Enhanced IGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP--this book evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of each protocol. In addition to specific large and medium network protocol deployment issues, this guide contains special sections on more general topics such as network management, core and distribution networks, multicasting, and quality of service features.
Router configuration examples, network case studies, and sample scenarios all help you put the book's information to use and become an effective Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE). In addition, this title offers unique elements to help you prepare for the exam, including: case studies that highlight real-world design, implementation, management, and troubleshooting issues; configuiration examples from actual network input and output; scenarios that help you put solutions to use; and review questions and exercises.
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
I. THE INTERNET.1. Evolution of Data Networks.
2. IP Fundamentals.
3. Network Technologies.
4. Network Topology and Design.
II. CORE AND DISTRIBUTION NETWORKS.6. Routing Information Protocol.
7. Routing Information Protocol Version 2.
8. Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol.
9. Open Shortest Path First.
10. Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System.
11. Border Gateway Protocol.
12. Migration Techniques.
13. Protocol Independent Multicast.
14. Quality of Service Features.
15. Network Operations and Management.
16. Design and Configuration Case Studies.
III. ACCESS NETWORKS.17. Access and Dial-Up Technologies.
18. Dial-on-Demand Routing.
19. Security and Network Operations.