Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Network Consultants Handbook
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
Click on the 'Downloads' link below to access the templates presented in the book.
- Copyright 2002
- Edition: 1st
- Premium Website
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-039-0
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-039-8
Network Consultants Handbook is a resource to consultants and engineers to assess, audit, analyze, and evaluate any existing or future network environment. Resources include form templates to complete during a network audit, important device commands to aid in obtaining vital information, and additional forms to aid in documentation. Real-world case studies serve as valuable examples, and network diagramming tips help you prepare consistent drawings for in-house documentation.
- Network audit and evaluation guidelines aid in data gathering and analysis of network environments
- Real-world case studies serve as valuable and relevant examples
- Network diagramming tips aid consultants and engineers in preparing consistent drawings for in-house documentation
Download - 126 KB -
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 351 KB -- Chapter 2: LAN Topologies
Table of Contents
1. Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model.
2. LAN Topologies.
3. Ethernet/IEEE 802.3.
4. Ethernet Documentation.
5. Ethernet Network Review and Analysis.
6. Token Ring/IEEE 802.5.
8. Token Ring and FDDI LAN Documentation.
9. Token Ring and FDDI Network Review and Analysis.
10. ATM LAN Emulation (LANE).
11. ATM LANE Review and Analysis.
12. Telecommunications and Telephony.
13. Private Line WANS.
14. Fiber Optic Technology.
15. Frame Relay.
16. Frame Relay Documentation.
17. Frame Relay WAN Analysis.
18. ATM Wide-Area Networking (WAN) and MPOA.
19. ATM WAN Documentation.
20. Voice Technology.
21. Remote Access and VPNs.
22. Network Management Introduction.
23. IP VPN WAN Documentation.
24. Routing Protocols, Part 1.
25. Routing Protocols, Part 2.
26. IPv6 Introduction.
27. Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
Appendix A: LAN/WAN Network Assessment.
Appendix B: Protocol List.
Appendix C: List of ITU-TX.121 Data Country or Geographical Codes.
Appendix D: International Country Codes.
Download - 509 KB -- Index
Other Things You Might Like
- Intercloud: Solving Interoperability and Communication in a Cloud of Clouds
- eBook (Watermarked) $22.39
- An Introduction to Software Defined Networking (SDN) LiveLessons (Networking Talks)
- Downloadable Video $39.99
- End-to-End Quality of Service Network Design LiveLessons: QoS for Rich-Media and Cloud Networks
- Downloadable Video $199.99