Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Networking for Home and Small Businesses, CCNA Discovery Learning Guide
- Your Price: $64.80
- List Price: $72.00
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 8-1/2" x 10-7/8"
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-287740-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-287740-4
Networking for Home and Small Businesses
CCNA Discovery Learning Guide
Allan Reid • Jim Lorenz
Networking for Home and Small Businesses, CCNA Discovery Learning Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the Networking for Home and Small Businesses course in the Cisco® Networking Academy® CCNA® Discovery curriculum version 4. The course, the first of four in the new curriculum, teaches networking concepts by applying them to a type of network you may encounter in a home or small office.
The Learning Guide, written and edited by instructors, is designed as a portable desk reference to use anytime, anywhere to reinforce the material from the course and organize your time. In addition, the book includes expanded coverage of CCENT™/CCNA exam topics.
The book’s features help you focus on important concepts to succeed in this course:
- Chapter Objectives–Review core concepts by answering the focus questions listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key Terms–Refer to the lists of networking vocabulary introduced and highlighted in context in each chapter. The Glossary defines each key term.
- Summary of Activities and Labs–Maximize your study time with this complete list of all associated exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Check Your Understanding–Evaluate your readiness with the end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see in the online course quizzes. The answer key explains each answer.
- Challenge Questions and Activities–Apply a deeper understanding of the concepts with these challenging end-of-chapter questions and activities. The answer key explains each answer.
- Hands-on Labs–Master the practical, hands-on skills of the course by performing all the tasks in the course labs and additional challenge labs included in Part II of the Learning Guide.
Allan Reid is the curriculum lead for CCNA and a CCNA and CCNP® instructor at the Centennial College CATC in Toronto, Canada.
Jim Lorenz is an instructor and curriculum developer for the Cisco Networking Academy.
How To–Look for this icon to study the steps you need to learn to perform certain tasks.
Interactive Activities–Reinforce your understanding of topics with more than 50 different exercises from the online course identified through-out the book with this icon. The files for these activities are on the accompanying CD-ROM.
Packet Tracer Activities– Explore and visualize networking concepts using Packet Tracer exercises interspersed throughout some chapters. The files for these activities are on the accompanying CD-ROM. Packet Tracer v4.1 software developed by Cisco is available separately.
Hands-on Labs–Work through all 26 course labs and 3 additional challenge labs included in Part II of the book. The labs are an integral part of the CCNA Discovery curriculum, so you can review the core text and the lab material to prepare for all your exams.
**See instructions within the ebook on how to get access to the files from the CD-ROM that accompanies this print book.**
The CD-ROM includes
- Interactive Activities
- Packet Tracer Activity files
- IT Career Information
- Taking Notes
- Lifelong Learning
- OSI Model Overview
This book is part of the Cisco Networking Academy Series from Cisco Press®. Books in this series support and complement the Cisco Networking Academy curriculum.
Table of Contents
Part I Concepts
Chapter 1 Personal Computer Hardware
Chapter 2 Operating Systems
Chapter 3 Connecting to the Network
Chapter 4 Connecting to the Internet Through an ISP
Chapter 5 Network Addressing
Chapter 6 Network Services
Chapter 7 Wireless Technologies
Chapter 8 Basic Security
Chapter 9 Troubleshooting Your Network
Chapter 10 Putting It All Together
Part II Labs
Chapter 1 Labs: Personal Computer Hardware
Chapter 2 Labs: Operating Systems
Chapter 3 Labs: Connecting to the Network
Chapter 4 Labs: Connecting to the Internet Through an ISP
Chapter 5 Labs: Network Addressing
Chapter 6 Labs: Network Services
Chapter 7 Labs: Wireless Technology
Chapter 8 Labs: Basic Security
Chapter 9 Labs: Troubleshooting Your Network
Chapter 10 Capstone Project: Putting It All Together