Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony (paperback)
Best Value Purchase
Book + eBook Bundle
- Your Price: $89.84
- List Price: $149.98
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Your Price: $66.39
- List Price: $82.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Your Price: $53.59
- List Price: $66.99
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2003
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 1008
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58714-302-X
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58714-302-1
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-360-8
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-360-3
Reveals the methodology you need to resolve complex problems in an IP telephony network
- Master troubleshooting techniques and methodologies for all parts of a Cisco IP Telephony solution-Cisco CallManager, IP phones, gateways, applications, and more
- Learn how to investigate and resolve voice quality problems, including delayed audio, choppy or garbled audio, static and noise, one-way or no-way audio, and echo
- Read about the variety of trouble-shooting tools at your disposal and how and when to use them based on the problem type
- Discover the potential causes of common problems and how to efficiently troubleshoot them to resolution
- Learn how to identify and resolve gateway problems by breaking the components into logical groups and following a methodical troubleshooting approach
- Use best practices recommendations to build a stronger IP telephony deployment and avoid common mistakes
IP telephony represents the future of telecommunications: a converged data and voice infrastructure boasting greater flexibility and more cost-effective scalability than traditional telephony. The ability to troubleshoot an IP telephony environment and the underlying network infrastructure is vitally important, just as it is in any complex system.
Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony teaches the troubleshooting skills necessary to identify and resolve problems in an IP telephony solution. This book provides comprehensive coverage of all parts of a Cisco IP Telephony (CIPT) solution, including CallManager, IP phones, gateways, analog devices, database and directory replication, call routing, voice mail, applications, network infrastructure, and more. You'll learn how to read trace files, determine when to turn on tracing and Cisco IOS(r) Software voice debugging, and how to troubleshoot voice quality issues.
Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony shows you how to break down problems to find the root cause. Descriptions of each part of the CIPT solution help you understand the functionality of each part of the solution and how each part interacts with other parts of the solution. You'll then learn what steps to take and tools to use to identify and resolve the cause of the problem.
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 3 and Index)
Table of Contents
1. Troubleshooting Methodology and Approach.
2. IP Telephony Architecture Overview.
3. Understanding the Troubleshooting Tools.
4. Skinny Client Registration.
5. IP Phones.
6. Voice Gateways.
7. Voice Quality.
8. Fax Machines and Modems.
9. Call Routing.
10. Call Preservation.
11. Conference Bridges, Transcoders, and Media Termination Points.
12. Music on Hold.
13. Call Admission Control.
14. Voice Mail.
15. Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST).
17. SQL Database Replication.
18. LDAP Integration and Replication.
Appendix A. Cisco IP Telephony Protocol and Codec Information and References.
Appendix B. NANP Call Routing Information.
Appendix C. Decimal to Hexadecimal and Binary Conversion Table.
Appendix D. Performance Objects and Counters.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- End-to-End Quality of Service Network Design LiveLessons: QoS for Rich-Media and Cloud Networks
- Downloadable Video $75.00