Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Understanding Session Border Controllers: Comprehensive Guide to Designing, Deploying, Troubleshooting, and Maintaining Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) Solutions
- Your Price: $38.39
- List Price: $47.99
- Estimated Release: Dec 2, 2018
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2019
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 500
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-464504-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-464504-9
The complete guide to deploying and operating SBC solutions, Including Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
Enterprise and service provider networks are increasingly adopting SIP as the guiding protocol for session management, and require leveraging Session Border Controller (SBC) technology to enable this transition. Thousands of organizations have made the Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) their SBC technology of choice.
Understanding Session Border Controllers gives network professionals and consultants a comprehensive guide to SBC theory, design, deployment, operation, security, troubleshooting, and more. Using CUBE-based examples, the authors offer insights that will be valuable to technical professionals using any SBC solution.
The authors thoroughly cover native call control protocols, SBC behavior, and SBC’s benefits for topology abstraction, demarcation and security, media, and protocol interworking. They also present practical techniques and configurations for achieving interoperability with a wide variety of collaboration products and solutions.
- Evaluate key benefits of SBC solutions for security, management, and interoperability
- Master core concepts of SIP, H.323, DTMF, signaling interoperability, call routing, fax/modem over IP, security, media handling, and media/signal forking in the SBC context
- Compare SBC deployment scenarios, and optimize deployment for your environment
- Size and scale an SBC platform for your environment, prevent oversubscription of finite resources, and control cost through careful licensing
- Use SBCs as a back-to-back user agent (B2BUA) to interoperate between asymmetric VoIP networks
- Establish SIP trunking for PSTN access via SBCs
- Interoperate with call servers, proxies, fax servers, ITSPs, redirect servers, call recording servers, contact centers, and other devices
- Secure real-time communications over IP
- Mitigate security threats associated with complex SIP deployments
- Efficiently monitor and manage an SBC environment
Other Things You Might Like
- Cisco ISE for BYOD and Secure Unified Access, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $44.79