Check Your Understanding Questions
Complete all the review questions listed here to test your understanding of the topics and concepts in this chapter. The appendix “Answers to the ‘Check Your Understanding’ Questions” lists the answers.
1. Which technology provides a secure connection between a SOHO and the headquarters office?
2. Which two network components does a teleworker require to connect remotely and securely from home to the corporate network? (Choose two.)
Broadband Internet connection
VPN client software or VPN-enabled router
Multifunction security appliance
VPN server or concentrator
3. What advantage does DSL have compared to cable technology?
DSL has no distance limitations.
DSL is faster.
DSL is not a shared medium.
DSL upload and download speeds are always the same.
4. Which medium is used for delivering data via DSL technology through PSTN?
5. What technology provides service providers the capability to use authentication, accounting, and link management features to customers over Ethernet networks?
6. Why is the MTU for a PPPoE DSL configuration reduced from 1500 bytes to 1492?
To accommodate the PPPoE headers
To enable CHAP authentication
To establish a secure tunnel with less overhead?
To reduce congestion on the DSL link
7. What are two characteristics of a PPPoE configuration on a Cisco customer router? (Choose two.)
An MTU size of 1492 bytes is configured on the Ethernet interface.
The customer router CHAP username and password are independent of what is configured on the ISP router.
The dialer pool command is applied to the Ethernet interface to link it to the dialer interface.
The Ethernet interface does not have an IP address.
The PPP configuration is on the dialer interface.
8. When PPPoE is configured on a customer router, which two commands must have the same value for the configuration to work? (Choose two.)
dialer pool 2
interface dialer 2
interface gigabitethernet 0/2
ppp chap hostname 2
ppp chap password 2
pppoe-client dial-pool-number 2
9. A network design engineer is planning the implementation of a cost-effective method to interconnect multiple networks securely over the Internet. Which type of technology is required?
A dedicated ISP
A GRE IP tunnel
A leased line
A VPN gateway
10. Which statement describes a feature of site-to-site VPNs?
Individual hosts can enable and disable the VPN connection.
Internal hosts send normal, unencapsulated packets.
The VPN connection is not statically defined.
VPN client software is installed on each host.
11. Which remote-access implementation scenario will support the use of Generic Routing Encapsulation tunneling?
A branch office that connects securely to a central site
A central site that connects to a SOHO site without encryption
A mobile user who connects to a router at a central site
A mobile user who connects to a SOHO site
12. Which two statements are key characteristics of BGP? (Choose two.)
It provides interdomain routing between autonomous systems.
It is an advanced distance vector routing protocol.
It uses cost as its metric.
It is a link-state routing protocol.
It uses bandwidth and delay as its metric.
It is a policy-based routing protocol.
13. Which BGP routers will become peers and share routing information?
All BGP routers in the same domain share routing information by default
BGP routers that are configured with the same network command
BGP routers that are configured with the same peer command
BGP routers that are identified with the neighbor command
14. Which of the following BGP statements is true?
BGP is an IGP used to exchange routing information with another AS.
BGP updates are encapsulated using TCP port 179.
Every AS is assigned a unique 160-bit AS number (ASN).
Use BGP when there is a single connection to the Internet or another AS.
15. Assume R1 is in AS 5000 and wants to establish an eBGP peer relationship with another router. Which of the following commands would correctly configure an eBGP relationship?
R1(config-router)# neighbor 18.104.22.168 remote-as 5000
R1(config-router)# neighbor 22.214.171.124 remote-as 10000
R1(config-router)# peer 126.96.36.199 remote-as 5000
R1(config-router)# peer 188.8.131.52 remote-as 10000