- Planning and Designing 802.11 Wireless Technologies
Roger Nobel, Federico Lovison, Fabian Riesen, Erik Vangrunderbeek, Federico Ziliotto
- May 16, 2012
- On top of normal networking issues, WLAN adds a couple of new challenges, such as Layer 1 (radio frequency [RF]) issues; a set of L2 protocols, such as IEEE 802.11; and the need for agencies to regulate the use of this shared medium, as the authors explain in this excerpt from their book, CCIE Wireless Exam (350-050) Quick Reference.
- (Video) Exam Profile: CCIE Routing and Switching v4.0
Maurilio P. Gorito
- Apr 26, 2012
- The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert exam is the qualification exam for the Routing and Switching Lab track. Find out what you can expect to see on the exam and how you can better prepare for it.
- CCIE Voice v3.0 Quick Reference: Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Jan 17, 2012
- This quick reference covers best practices for the deployment of Cisco Unified Communications Manager as well as an overview of compatible codecs and regions.
- CCIE Routing and Switching v4.0: Troubleshooting Lab 1 (The Warm-Up)
- Dec 12, 2011
- This troubleshooting lab has been timed to last for 2 hours and be representative of the format and difficulty of the tasks you are likely to encounter on your CCIE lab exam.
- CCNP: Troubleshooting OSPF
- Nov 14, 2011
- In this article, Anthony Sequeira discusses basic troubleshooting steps for the complex, link-state routing protocol Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- Switchport Security Concepts and Configuration
- Jul 1, 2011
- There are a couple of different ways to configure the use of switchport security and this article will review the available options and requirements.
- CCIE Security v3.0 Quick Reference: Application Protocols
Lancy Lobo, Umesh Lakshman
- Apr 1, 2011
- This sample from CCIE Security v3.0 Quick Reference includes definitions and explanations of HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, and DNS.
- CCIE Routing & Switching v4.0 Quick Reference: Network Optimization
Brad Ellis, Steven Means, Jacob Uecker
- Oct 27, 2010
- This quick reference for CCIE Routing and Switching exam-takers covers SLAs, NetFlow, SPAN, RSPAN, and RITE, and Cisco IOS EEM.
- CCIE Routing and Switching Practice Lab 3—The VPN Lab
Martin J. Duggan
- Jul 14, 2010
- This chapter guides you through the equipment requirements and pre-lab tasks in preparation for taking the VPN practice lab.
- Virtual LANs and VLAN Trunking
Wendell Odom, Denise Donohue, Rus Healy
- Dec 25, 2009
- This chapter covers some of the most fundamental and important LAN topics with coverage of VLANs and VLAN trunking in preparation for the CCIE Routing and Switching Exam.
- Multiprotocol Label Switching
Wendell Odom, Rus Healy, Naren Mehta
- Jun 25, 2008
- This chapter introduces the core concepts with MPLS, particularly its use for unicast IP forwarding and for MPLS VPNs.
- CCIE Self-Study: Security Protocols
- Oct 28, 2005
- This chapter covers some of today's most widely used technologies that enable network administrators to ensure that sensitive data is secure from unauthorized sources. Standards such as IP Security (IPSec) and encryption standards are covered, as are all the fundamental foundation topics you need to understand to master the topics covered in the CCIE Security written exam.
- CCIE Routing and Switching Flash Cards: General Networking Theory
Anthony Sequeira, Kevin Wallace
- Feb 25, 2005
- This chapter ensures you are prepared for questions in the Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) written exam that deal with general networking theories. General networking theories include Open System Interconnection (OSI) models, routing concepts, networking standards, and protocol mechanics.
- CCIE Routing and Switching Practice Lab
Martin J. Duggan, Maurilio P. Gorito
- Aug 20, 2004
- This practice lab from Martin Duggan and Maurilio Gorito will help you prepare for the CCIE, with a focus on Routing Information Protocol (RIP V2).
- Cisco Asks, Can Security Skills Be Certified?
- Jul 23, 2004
- Yusuf Hussain Bhaiji explores the value of certification in IT Security given its rapidly changing nature and offers suggestions on choosing the right certification program.
- CCIE Security Practice Labs
Yusuf Bhaiji, Fahim Hussain
- Mar 26, 2004
- This is the first multi-protocol and multi-technology CCIE practice lab of seven in the book "CCIE Security Practice Labs (CCIE Self-Study)," testing you in areas such as Routing, Switching, Security, and VPN.
- CCIE Practical Studies: Configuring Route-Maps and Policy-based Routing
Karl Solie, Leah Lynch
- Nov 26, 2003
- Route maps are like duct tape for the networkthey can be applied to numerous situations to address many issues. At times, they may not be the most "pretty solutions," but they will be very effective. Karl Solie and Leah Lynch show you how to configure and use route maps.
- Basic Cisco IOS Software and Catalyst 3550 Series Security
Dmitry Bokotey, Andrew Mason, Raymond Morrow
- Jul 25, 2003
- Become comfortable with basic Cisco IOS Software and Catalyst 3550 security features with an introduction to password management, disabling unnecessary services, setting up secure HTTP and NTP services, and SSH.
- Troubleshooting Your CCIE Lab
- May 23, 2003
- Henry Benjamin, Triple CCIE and former CCIE Proctor, shares some of the tools he used to pass CCIE lab examinations.
- CCIE Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide
- Aug 16, 2002
- to come