- CCNP Security VPN: Advanced Easy VPN Authorization
- Nov 12, 2012
- This chapter enables you to prepare for the deployment of an advanced authorization scheme for your remote users, allowing you to control the level of access granted to them based on such information as their internal department, username, IP address, and so on, using the familiar local group policies that are configured on the ASA device.
- CCNP Security Firewall Cert Guide: Configuring ASA Interfaces
Anthony Sequeira, Dave Garneau, David Hucaby
- Oct 24, 2012
- This chapter covers the following topics from the 642-618 exam objectives: Configuring Physical Interfaces, Configuring VLAN Interfaces, Configuring Interface Security Parameters, Configuring the Interface MTU, and Verifying Interface Operation.
- Deploying Cisco ASA AnyConnect Remote-Access SSL VPN Solutions
- Oct 19, 2012
- This chapter shows how to deploy and manage client-based Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) virtual private networks (VPN) on Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) as the VPN gateway using AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client software.
- CCNP Wireless: QoS for Wireless Applications
- Oct 18, 2012
- This chapter introduces the concepts of wireless Quality of Service and their related configuration in preparation for the 642-742 IUWVN exam.
- CCNP Wireless Quick Reference: How to Collect Information for the Wireless Site Survey
- Jun 13, 2012
- Conducting a wireless site survey is the final step of a carefully planned journey. This chapter helps you prepare for this site survey by listing the pieces of information that you need to collect before meeting your customer and planning the survey itself.
- CCNP: Troubleshooting OSPF
- Nov 14, 2011
- In this article, Anthony Sequeira discusses basic troubleshooting steps for the complex, link-state routing protocol Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- To Route or Not to Route: A Day in the Life of a Router
- Aug 31, 2011
- A lot goes into the decision process regarding routing, and it happens long before a packet arrives at the router for its turn to be forwarded. In this article, the author takes a close look at a day in the life of the router.
- What Happens in the VLAN Stays in the VLAN
- Aug 31, 2011
- This article discusses discover the secrets of the VLAN and why it is a critical tool in todays networks.
- Working with Protocol Analyzers and Related Certifications
- Aug 30, 2011
- Ed Tittel, creator of the Exam Cram series, discusses the current network protocol analyzers that any real expert needs to know. Who exactly counts as an "expert?" Ed also sorts out which of the many available certifications are really useful in identifying true masters of protocol analysis.
- CCNP Security VPN Cert Guide: Configuring Policies, Inheritance, and Attributes
- Aug 24, 2011
- This chapter looks at the methods available for policy assignment in real-life scenarios and reviews how these policy methods work together if more than one is assigned to a user through the inheritance mode.
- CCNP: Troubleshooting EIGRP
- Aug 3, 2011
- In this article, we will examine the art of Troubleshooting EIGRP, a key topic for CCNP certification. This article will begin by reviewing key information we should keep in mind about the protocol or its proper implementation and troubleshooting, and then specific scenarios will be illustrated. The article will also provide specific command guidance and usage.
- CCNP Security IPS 642-627 Official Cert Guide: Network IPS Traffic Analysis Methods, Evasion Possibilities, and Anti-evasive Countermeasures
David Burns, Odunayo Adesina
- Jul 18, 2011
- This chapter covers the various methods used for traffic analysis using a network IPS sensor, the various evasion techniques used by attackers to bypass detection & filtering while understanding the benefits and limitations of each method to assess the risk of evasion, and the various countermeasures, tools, and choosing the best approach based on the methods used by attackers.
- Spanning Tree Protocol Concepts and Configuration
- Jul 13, 2011
- This article takes a look at some of the basic STP concepts and reviews the configuration required to deploy STP on a switch.
- CCNP Security IPS 642-627 Quick Reference: Installation of a Typical Sensor
- Jun 13, 2011
- Gary Halleen outlines the installation of a typical Cisco IPS sensor.
- Cisco Unified Serviceability
- May 25, 2011
- A main section of CUCM is Unified Serviceability. Within in this section, you have access two useful web-based tools and resources that can be crucial to a healthy Unified Communications environment: Alarm Configuration and Traces. Both are discussed here.
- CCNP Voice Quick Reference: Centralized Call Processing Redundancy
- Apr 15, 2011
- This chapter reviews the mechanisms for providing call survivability and device failover in remote sites. This includes the configuration of Cisco IOS routers as Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) gateways with MGCP fallback, and the use of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in SRST mode.
- CCNP Security Quick Reference: Deploying Cisco ASA AnyConnect Remote-Access VPN Solutions
- Apr 14, 2011
- In this chapter you learn to deploy and manage Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) virtual private networks (VPN) on Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) as the VPN gateway with clients using AnyConnect SSL Client software.
- CCNP Voice Quick Reference: VoIP Call Legs
Kevin Wallace, Toby Sauer
- Apr 5, 2011
- In this chapter from CCNP Voice CVoice 642-437 Quick Reference, you will learn about how VoIP traffic is created. Topics such as codecs and transport layers are examined in more detail.
- CCNP Security Secure 642-637 Quick Reference: Cisco Layer 2 Security
- Mar 15, 2011
- This chapter describes the main types of Layer 2 attacks and how to defend against them.
- CCNP ROUTE 642-902 Exam Foundation Learning: Implementing Path Control
- Aug 5, 2010
- This chapter covers implementing path control, focusing on understanding and implementing path control as well as advanced path control tools.