Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Deploying IPv6 Networks
- Your Price: $60.00
- List Price: $75.00
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2006
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 672
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-210-5
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-210-1
An essential, comprehensive, and practical guide to IPv6 concepts, service implementation, and interoperability in existing IPv4 environments
After completing Deploying IPv6 Networks, you will:
- Understand the current state of IPv6 technologies and services
- Understand the IPv6 features as they are applied in service deployments
- Be prepared with guidelines on how to ready your organization for a migration to IPv6
- Know how to design and implement an IPv6 production-level network using the book’s templates and examples
- Have the ability to configure and troubleshoot IPv6 networks
- Know where IPv6 developments are moving in the future
Large IPv6 production deployments worldwide are proof that the transition to the next generation of the IP protocol is no longer merely a prediction—IPv6 is now touching all aspects of IP networking and communications. Therefore, understanding the technology and being able to plan, design, and deploy IPv6 services are necessary skills for networking professionals.
Deploying IPv6 Networks is an essential guide to IPv6 concepts, service implementation, and interoperability in existing IPv4 environments. You’ll learn about IPv6 as a mature technology ready for deployment. Deploying IPv6 Networks goes beyond addressing the basics of IPv6 yet remains accessible to readers unfamiliar with the protocol. With this book in hand, you will learn how to plan, design, deploy, and manage IPv6 services.
Deploying IPv6 Networks opens with an updated “Case for IPv6”: a review of the IPv4 challenges and the IPv6 opportunities. It then covers the IPv6 concepts related to IP services provided in real networks. Relevant features and corresponding configuration examples are presented in a deployment context as they are applied to the various segments of the network. The IPv6 knowledge accumulated in the first part of the book is revisited in Part II, where it is leveraged in concrete and usable examples that cover most common network environments: MPLS service provider, IP service provider, and enterprise.
The structure of Deploying IPv6 Networks enables you to use it as a reference for specific aspects of IPv6, as a technology study guide, or as a design guide for deploying IPv6. You’ll also find that the presentation approach enables you to leverage your IPv4 experience to quickly become knowledgeable and proficient with the concepts of IPv6.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- IPv6 Fundamentals: A Straightforward Approach to Understanding IPv6
- eBook (Watermarked) $35.19
- TCP/IP First-Step
- Book $36.79