IP Multicast, Volume II: Advanced Multicast Concepts and Large-Scale Multicast Design, Rough Cuts
- Available to Safari Subscribers
- About Rough Cuts
Rough Cuts are manuscripts that are developed but not yet published, available through Safari. Rough Cuts provide you access to the very latest information on a given topic and offer you the opportunity to interact with the author to influence the final publication.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2018
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 300
- Edition: 1st
- Rough Cuts
- ISBN-10: 0-13-378495-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-378495-4
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book.
IP multicast is central to today's enterprise and service provider networks. However, the set of technologies and practices surrounding IP multicast has evolved and matured: older books on the topic are severely out of date. IP Multicast Architectures offers comprehensive guidance for deploying modern IP multicast systems of all kinds: basic and advanced, enterprise and service provider.
Focused on Cisco devices and technologies,IP Multicast Architectures addresses common features, deployment models, and field best practices. Each section offers immersive real-world explanations of multicast theory, and present multiple case studies showcasing best-practice multicast design methodologies. Each case study is carefully crafted to offer pragmatic "first-hand" guidance for building the right network for each environment and set of applications.
Coverage includes Layer 2 and Layer 3 multicast; routing, forwarding, domains, inter-domain routing, wireless multicast forwarding, Inter-AS, mVPN, mVRF, cloud mVPN transport, and much more. Throughout, the authors' configurations, designs, features, and parameters reflect all that's been learned since IP multicast first became widespread.
Table of Contents
1. Who Cares About Multicast?
2. What is Multicast?
3. Basic Multicast at Layer 2
4. Basic Multicast at Layer 3
5. How Routers View Group Membership
6. Seeing the Forest through the Trees
7. Multicast Routing and Forwarding
8. Multicast Domains and Inter-Domain Routing
9. Wireless Multicast Forwarding
10. Advanced Enterprise Concepts
11. Putting it All Together Enterprise Case Studies
12. Inter-AS Multicast Forwarding
13. mVPN and mVRF
14. Transporting mVPNs Through the Cloud
15. Advanced Provider Concepts
16. Putting it All Together Provider Design
Appendix A. Additional Case Studies
Appendix B. Additional Resources
Other Things You Might Like
- Building Data Centers with VXLAN BGP EVPN: A Cisco NX-OS Perspective
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39