Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
IP Routing Fundamentals
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 1999
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 528
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-57870-071-X
- ISBN-13: 978-1-57870-071-4
A comprehensive ntroduction to routing concepts and protocols in IP networks.
- Comprehensive review of the operational mechanics of today's leading routing protocols, including IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, and RIP-2
- Detailed explanation of IP addressing, including classful and classless addresses, subnetting, supernetting, Classless Interdomain Routing (CIDR), and Variable Length Subnet Masks (VLSM)
- Side-by-side comparisons of various LAN segmentation technologies, including bridges, switches, and routers
- Exploration of how routers are used to build wide area networks
- Examination of the future of routing, including IPv6, next generation routing protocols, host-based routing, and IP Switching
IP Routing Fundamentals is the definitive introduction to routing in IP networks. This comprehensive guide explores the mechanics of routers, routing protocols, network interfaces, and operating systems.
This reference provides essential background information for network professionals who are deploying and maintaining LANs and WANs, as well as IT managers who are seeking information on how evolving internetworking technology will affect future networks. Part I discusses the many roles routers play in networks, Part II talks about the inner working of routers, Part III works with the operational issues of routing protocols, and Part IV addresses implementation issues that provide practical insight, in addition to a discussion of the future of routing.
Table of Contents
I. INTERNETWORKING FUNDAMENTALS.1. An Introduction to Internetworking.
2. Understanding Internetwork Addresses.
3. Routers and LANs.
4. Routers and WANs.
II. THE INNER WORKINGS OF ROUTERS.5. Internet Protocols Versions.
6. Transmission Technologies.
7. The Mechanics of Routing Protocols.
III. ROUTING PROTOCOLS.8. Routing Information Protocol.
9. Routing Information Protocol Version 2.
10. Interior Gateway Routing Protocol.
11. Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol.
12. Open Shortest Path First.
IV. IMPLEMENTATION ISSUES.13. Building Internetworks.
14. Internetworking with Dissimilar Protocols.
15. The Future of Routing.
Other Things You Might Like
- IoT Fundamentals: Networking Technologies, Protocols, and Use Cases for the Internet of Things
- eBook (Watermarked) $35.19