Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Network Security Architectures
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Your Price: $41.60
- List Price: $52.00
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2004
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 792
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-115-X
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-115-9
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 1-58705-369-1
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58705-369-6
Expert guidance on designing secure networks
- Understand security best practices and how to take advantage of the networking gear you already have
- Review designs for campus, edge, and teleworker networks of varying sizes
- Learn design considerations for device hardening, Layer 2 and Layer 3 security issues, denial of service, IPsec VPNs, and network identity
- Understand security design considerations for common applications such as DNS, mail, and web
- Identify the key security roles and placement issues for network security elements such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, VPN gateways, content filtering, as well as for traditional network infrastructure devices such as routers and switches
- Learn 10 critical steps to designing a security system for your network
- Examine secure network management designs that allow your management communications to be secure while still maintaining maximum utility
- Try your hand at security design with three included case studies
- Benefit from the experience of the principal architect of the original Cisco Systems SAFE Security Blueprint
Written by the principal architect of the original Cisco Systems SAFE Security Blueprint, Network Security Architectures is your comprehensive how-to guide to designing and implementing a secure network. Whether your background is security or networking, you can use this book to learn how to bridge the gap between a highly available, efficient network and one that strives to maximize security. The included secure network design techniques focus on making network and security technologies work together as a unified system rather than as isolated systems deployed in an ad-hoc way.
Beginning where other security books leave off, Network Security Architectures shows you how the various technologies that make up a security system can be used together to improve your network's security. The technologies and best practices you'll find within are not restricted to a single vendor but broadly apply to virtually any network system. This book discusses the whys and hows of security, from threats and counter measures to how to set up your security policy to mesh with your network architecture. After learning detailed security best practices covering everything from Layer 2 security to e-commerce design, you'll see how to apply the best practices to your network and learn to design your own security system to incorporate the requirements of your security policy. You'll review detailed designs that deal with today's threats through applying defense-in-depth techniques and work through case studies to find out how to modify the designs to address the unique considerations found in your network.
Whether you are a network or security engineer, Network Security Architectures will become your primary reference for designing and building a secure network.
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from Cisco Press, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
Online Sample Chapter
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Download - 1.16 MB -- Chapter 6: General Design Considerations
Table of Contents
I. NETWORK SECURITY FOUNDATIONS.
II. DESIGNING SECURE NETWORKS.
III. SECURE NETWORK DESIGNS.
IV. NETWORK MANAGEMENT, CASE STUDIES, AND CONCLUSIONS.
Download - 325 KB -- Index
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- CCNA Security 640-554 LiveLessons (Video Training)
- Downloadable Video $119.99
- Network Security First-Step, 2nd Edition
- Book $27.99
- Network Security First-Step, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Adobe DRM) $22.39