- Cisco IP Telephony Flash Cards: Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED)
- Nov 24, 2004
- This chapter provides an overvew of Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED) for Cisco IP Telephony, including Question & Answer flash cards to help you prepare for the Cisco IP Telephony Exam.
- Planning the Cisco CallManager Implementation
Salvatore Collora, Ed Leonhardt, Anne Smith
- Sep 24, 2004
- Planning, designing, and implementing a Cisco IP Telephony solution is a much more manageable task if you carefully consider each step outlined in this chapter before moving on to each subsequent step.
- Cisco Unity: About Unified Messaging
Todd Stone, Dustin Grant, Jeff Lindborg, Steve Olivier
- Sep 17, 2004
- Unified messaging is a wonderful utility for your users, but it can be a headache for administrators. This chapter discusses the challenges associated with unified messaging as a part of the voice data convergence paradigm for the messaging application layer.
- A Cisco Telephony Architecture Evolution
- Sep 3, 2004
- This chapter introduces the concept of ROI, and provides the background and reasoning behind Cisco's decision to migrate to an all-IP network.
- IP Telephony Development Tools
- May 28, 2004
- Kevin Brown describes how the power and flexibility of IP Telephony systems can enhancing the way a company does business.
- Migrating to IP Telephony? Top Ten Tips for Guiding a Successful IP Telephony Implementation
- May 28, 2004
- Stephanie Carhee provides her top ten tips for project managing an enterprise-wide IP telephony implementation.
- Haven't We Been Here Before? A Case for IP Telephony
- Feb 13, 2004
- In this sample chapter, Kevin Brown explains why a PBX, despite its high reliability, is not a solution for convergence.
- Classification and Marking for Cisco DQOS and QOS Exams
Michael J. Cavanaugh, Wendell Odom
- Sep 19, 2003
- Brush up on your skills with this review of exam topics and objectives for the Cisco DQOS and QoS exams.
- Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony
Paul Giralt, Addis Hallmark, Anne Smith
- May 2, 2003
- CCNP BSCI Exam: Using OSPF Across Multiple Areas
- Apr 25, 2003
- 5 Questions with Cisco Systems' Telephony Expert Anne Smith
- Jan 31, 2003
- Offering Bundled Voice and Data Services
James F. Durkin
- Oct 11, 2002
- Thinking Outside the "Talk" Box
- Sep 13, 2002
- In this article you'll learn about IP Phone services that help customers increase productivity, solve business problems, and even generate revenue. The article provides case studies and inspiration for developing custom phone services and applications that run on Cisco IP Phones.
- Demystifying Convergence and VoIP
- Aug 9, 2002
- Convergence eliminates the need for duplicate hardware and special vendors. Learn how Voice over IP (VoIP) uses the Internet Protocol to deliver voice traffic over a converged network.
- Cisco OSPF Route Redistribution
William R. Parkhurst
- Jul 5, 2002
- Use this complete reference to Cisco OSPF commands next time your network needs route redistribution. Ten example scenarios clearly illustrate the purpose, syntax, and usage of each command.
- Make the Right Call: Cisco's AVVID
- Jun 21, 2002
- Robert Richardson discusses the pros and cons of Cisco's AVVID — what the industry's been talking about all along for pure IP convergence: smart IP phones plugged into an Ethernet network full of conventional switches and routers. Plenty of issues need to be ironed out, though.
- Voice, IP, and ATM MPLS Features
Tracy L Thorpe
- May 17, 2002
- This chapter presents the Cisco Voice Interworking Service Module set of features and the solutions provided by this voice card, including Voice Over AAL2, Voice over ATM, and Voice over IP networks.