- CCNP ROUTE Certification Guide: Basic IGP Redistribution
- Mar 22, 2010
- Wendell Odom covers route redistribution basics, redistribution in EIGRP, and redistribution in OSPF in preparation for the CCNP ROUTE exam 642-902.
- Diving into Cisco's new SWITCH, ROUTE, and TSHOOT Exams with Cisco Press Authors
Linda Leung, Denise Donohue, Jerold Swan, Kevin Wallace, Sean Wilkins
- Feb 22, 2010
- Linda Leung interviews Cisco Press authors Denise Donohue, Jay Swan, Kevin Wallace and Sean Wilkins to get a detailed look at the new CCNP exams.
- How Does Cisco's Overhaul of the CCNP Certification Affect CCNP Candidates? An Interview with Wendell Odom
Linda Leung, Wendell Odom
- Feb 8, 2010
- Linda Leung and Wendell Odom discuss the major changes in the new Cisco CCNP exams.
- Training Never Goes Out of Fashion: An Interview with Wendell Odom
Linda Leung, Wendell Odom
- Jun 9, 2009
- Linda Leung talks with Wendell Odom about what people these days really think about the classes, the exams, and the whole idea of certification.
- CCNP ISCW Exam Guide: GRE Tunneling over Ipsec
Brian Morgan, Neil Lovering
- Jun 24, 2008
- This chapter talks about the use of GRE in an IPsec environment and how that relates to the CCNP ISCW exam.
- Integrated IS-IS Commands for CCNP BSCI
- Dec 7, 2007
- Preparing for the CCNP ONT Exam: IP Quality of Service
- Dec 7, 2007
- High Availability Commands for CCNP BCMSN
- Nov 30, 2007
- CCNP Exam Prep: Traditional Spanning Tree Protocol
- Dec 22, 2005
- This chapter discusses the theory and operation of the STP with an eye toward passing the CCNP BCMSN Exam. More specifically, the original, or traditional, STP is covered, as defined in IEEE 802.1D.
- CCNP Self-Study: Understanding and Configuring Multilayer Switching
Richard Froom, Erum Frahim, Balaji Sivasubramanian
- Nov 11, 2005
- This chapter provides you with details, architecture, and methods of multilayer switching on Catalyst switches. An understanding of multilayer switching is necessary for network designers, administrators, and operators for deployment and troubleshooting purposes.
- Troubleshooting Unicast Flooding Due to Topology
- Sep 10, 2004
- Unicast flooding occurs for many reasons in a switched network. This article addresses how to detect and troubleshoot unicast flooding issues due to spanning tree topology changes.
- CCNP Self-Study: Advanced IP Addressing
Diane Teare, Catherine Paquet
- Jun 11, 2004
- This sample chapter discusses several advanced IP addressing topics in support of the Cisco BSCI exam for CCNP certification.
- CCNP Self-Study: Understanding and Implementing Quality of Service in Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks
Erum Frahim, Richard Froom, Balaji Sivasubramanian
- May 13, 2004
- This chapter describes how QoS is an integral part of any multilayer switched network deployment. With QoS, you can build a network of predictable behavior for latency, jitter, and packet loss. In addition, QoS mitigates anomalous network behavior and provides for differentiation of traffic flows.
- CCNP Practical Studies: Using DSL to Access a Central Site
Dmitry Bokotey, Deviprasad Konda, Raymond Morrow, Wesley Shuo
- Jan 30, 2004
- This sample chapter focuses on Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) technology, one of the most popular broadband access methods and a new topic on the CCNP exam.
- CCNP BCRAN Self-Study: Managing Network Performance with Queuing and Compression
Brian Morgan, Craig Dennis
- Dec 23, 2003
- To help you prepare for the CCNP BCRAN exam, Brian Morgan and Craig Dennis discuss some of the advanced queuing techniques offered in Cisco IOS and compression techniques that are possible from Cisco routers.
- CCNP CIT Exam Self-Study: Selecting a Troubleshooting Approach
- Dec 19, 2003
- This sample chapter presents three main approaches to troubleshooting and describes how to select a suitable troubleshooting approach for the problem at hand.
- CCNP Practical Studies: Layer 3 Switching
- Nov 26, 2003
- Learn about Layer 3 switching in detail and how to configure Layer 3 switching on the flagship of the Cisco Catalyst product family, the Catalyst 6000/6500.
- Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS) Basics for the Cisco BSCI Exam
Denise Donohue, Tim Sammut, Brent Stewart
- Nov 13, 2003
- This Flash Cards excerpt gives you the basic facts about IS-IS you need to know for the Cisco BSCI exam.
- Switch Operation for the CCNP BCMSN Exam
- Oct 24, 2003
- This sample chapter covers the following topics for the CCNP BCMSN exam: Layer 2 Switch Operation, Multilayer Switch Operation, Tables Used in Switching, and Troubleshooting Switching Tables.
- Shooting Trouble with IP
Donna L. Harrington
- Jul 11, 2003
- As more and more companies are adopting IP-based networks, the jobs of network engineers and analysts are becoming more demanding. Learn about IP protocols and packets, addressing, and routing protocol topics to get you started with IP troubleshooting.