LISP Network Deployment and Troubleshooting: The Complete Guide to LISP Implementation on IOS-XE, IOS-XR, and NX-OS
- Available to Safari Subscribers
- About Rough Cuts
Rough Cuts are manuscripts that are developed but not yet published, available through Safari. Rough Cuts provide you access to the very latest information on a given topic and offer you the opportunity to interact with the author to influence the final publication.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2020
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Edition: 1st
- Rough Cuts
- ISBN-10: 0-13-478317-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-478317-8
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book.
The LISP overlay protocol helps organizations provide seamless connectivity to devices and workloads wherever they move, enabling open and highly scalable networks with unprecedented flexibility and agility. LISP Network Deployment and Troubleshooting is the single source for understanding, configuring and troubleshooting LISP on Cisco IOS, IOS XR and NX-OS platforms. It brings together comprehensive coverage of how LISP works, how it integrates with leading Cisco platforms, how to configure it for maximum efficiency, and how to troubleshoot LISP-related issues such as scalability and convergence.
Focusing on design and deployment in real production environments, leading Cisco LISP engineers Tarique Shakil and Vinit Jain offer authoritative coverage of deploying LISP, verifying its operation, and optimizing its performance in widely diverse environments. Drawing on their unsurpassed experience supporting LISP deployments, they share detailed configuration examples, templates, and best practices designed to help you succeed with LISP no matter how you intend to use it. Coverage includes:
- Problems LISP solves, current use cases, and powerful emerging applications
- Standards and architecture, including control and data planes, packets, messaging, and communication processes
- LISP IPv4 unicast routing, IPv6 enablement/transition, and multicast
- LISP mobility in traditional data center and VXLAN fabrics
- LISP network virtualization and multi-tenancy
- LISP in the enterprise multi-homed Internet/WAN edge
- Securing LISP
Table of Contents
1. LISP Introduction
2. LISP Architecture
3. LISP IPv4 Unicast Routing Fundamentals
4. LISP IPv6 Enablement & Transition
5. LISP Multicast Routing Fundamentals
6. LISP Mobility in Traditional Data Center Fabrics
7. LISP in VXLAN Fabrics
8. LISP Network Virtualization/Multi-tenancy
9. LISP in the Enterprise Multi-homed Internet/WAN Edge
10. LISP Security
11. LISP Network Management and Automation