Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- How do networks affect the way we interact when we learn, work, and play?
- How do networks support communication?
- What is a converged network?
- What are the four requirements for a reliable network?
- How are network devices used?
- How do local-area network (LAN) devices compare to wide-area network (WAN) devices?
- What is the basic structure of the Internet?
- How do LANs and WANs interconnect the Internet?
- What is the effect of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) use, online collaboration, video, and cloud computing on a business network?
- How do expanding networking trends affect security considerations?
- What are the three Cisco enterprise architectures and how do they meet the needs of an evolving network environment?