The answers to these questions appear in Appendix A. For more practice with exam format questions, use the exam engine on the companion website.
1. Which of the following is based on the availability of technology as well as the projected traffic patterns, technology performance, constraints, and reliability?
Designing the topology
Assessing the existing network
Identifying the network requirements
Characterize the existing network
2. Which design principle involves redundancy through hardware, software, and connectivity?
3. Which application requires round-trip times of less than 400 ms with low delay and jitter?
Data file transfer
4. Which of the following is a measure of a given application’s availability to its users?
5. Which of the following defines the upper limit of frames that can be transmitted without a return acknowledgment?
6. Which of the following is the availability target range for branch WAN high availability?
7. Which WAN deployment model provides for the best SLA guarantees?
MPLS WAN with dual routers
Hybrid WAN with MPLS and Internet routers
Internet WAN with dual routers
Internet WAN with a single router
8. Which Internet connectivity option provides for the highest level of resiliency?
9. When designing Internet for remote sites, which option provides control for security services such as URL filtering, firewalling, and intrusion prevention?
Direct Internet with split tunnel
IPsec with split tunnel
10. Which design considerations are most important for Internet high availability design? (Choose two.)
Using a public BGP AS number for eBGP connections to ISPs
Using provider-independent IP address space for advertisements to ISPs
Using BGP communities
Using extended ACLs
11. Which WAN backup option provides for redundancy and additional bandwidth?
12. Which failover option can be used to back up the primary MPLS WAN connection?
13. Which of the following is not a model for providing QoS?
14. In QoS markings, what DSCP value is used for VoIP traffic?
15. Which QoS method uses a strict priority queue in addition to modular traffic classes?
16. Within RSVP, what function is used to determine whether the requested flows can be accepted?
Queuing and scheduling
17. Which of the following slows down the rate at which packets are sent out an interface (egress) by matching certain criteria?
18. What is the buffering process that routers and switches use when they receive traffic faster than it can be transmitted?
19. What do service providers use to define their service offerings at different levels?
20. Which of the following has mechanisms to handle traffic overflow using a queuing algorithm?
Traffic shaping and policing
21. Which QoS category identifies and marks flows?
Traffic shaping and policing
Classification and marking
22. Which design principle balances the amount of security and technologies with the budget?
Standards and regulations
23. Which application type has requirements for low throughput and response time within a second?
24. Which of the following WAN connectivity options has bandwidth capabilities of 1 Gbps to 10 Gbps?
LTE Advance Pro
25. How many days of downtime per year occur with 99.00000% availability?
26. With dual-router and dual-path availability models, how much downtime is expected per year?
4 to 9 hours per year
26 hours per year
5 hours per year
5 minutes per year
27. Which deployment model for WAN connectivity has a single router or dual routers and uses both MPLS and an Internet VPN?
28. When designing the Internet with high availability, which of the following is a design consideration ?
Use public address space for internal addressing
Use private address space for route advertising to the ISPs
Block all Internet routes
Use HSRP/GLBP or an IGP internally
29. Which of the following is an important design consideration when using IPsec over GRE tunnels?
30. When using DSCP to classify traffic, which of the following is prioritized the most?