This chapter covers the following topics:
PSTN Options for Webex Calling: This topic will identify the PSTN options available for the Webex Calling solution.
Routers Supporting Local Gateway: This topic will review the different routers that can be used to support the Local Gateway functions for Webex Calling.
Deployment Scenarios for the Local Gateway: This topic will overview the various deployment scenarios for how a Local Gateway can be deployed both with and without a Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
Up to this point, we have established that Webex is a cloud-based solution designed to support any company, regardless of size. Webex Calling revolves around the ability to call out across the public switched telephone network (PSTN) from IP-based devices registered to Webex Control Hub. The size of the company and the options you choose with your Webex subscription will affect the complexity level required to deploy Webex Calling. For small and medium businesses (SMBs) there is a very affordable and simple Webex Calling option. Larger enterprises will need to deploy the more complex solution using the Local Gateway. Before Webex Calling is deployed, you should understand each of the topics discussed in this chapter:
PSTN options for Webex Calling
Cloud-connected PSTN (CCP)
Routers supporting local gateway
Registration- and certificate-based local gateway
Deployment scenarios for the local gateway
This chapter covers the following objectives from the Cisco Collaboration Core Technologies v1.1 (CLCOR 350-801) exam:
3.4 Describe cloud calling hybrid local gateway
“Do I Know This Already?” Quiz
The “Do I Know This Already?” quiz allows you to assess whether you should read this entire chapter thoroughly or jump to the “Exam Preparation Tasks” section. If you are in doubt about your answers to these questions or your own assessment of your knowledge of the topics, read the entire chapter. Table 24-1 lists the major headings in this chapter and their corresponding “Do I Know This Already?” quiz questions. You can find the answers in Appendix A, “Answers to the ‘Do I Know This Already?’ Quizzes.”
Table 24-1 “Do I Know This Already?” Section-to-Question Mapping
Foundation Topics Section
PSTN Options for Webex Calling
Routers Supporting Local Gateway
Deployment Scenarios for the Local Gateway
1. An administrator is setting up Webex Calling for their organization. They currently use the Cisco Unified Communications Manager for on-premises call control. They plan to use Webex also for hybrid communication. Which of the following PSTN options should the administrator choose?
Cloud Connected PSTN
2. Which of the following statements is true regarding Webex Calling using Cisco PSTN?
Toll-free numbers are supported with the Cisco Calling Plan.
Existing Webex Calling locations can transition to the Cisco Calling Plan.
The Cisco Calling Plan does support Webex Contact Center.
The Cisco Calling Plan allows you to order up to 100 new phone numbers at a time.
3. Which of the following components must be configured in Webex Control Hub before Webex Calling will work using Premises-based PSTN?
4. Which of the following SBC products can function as a Local Gateway with Webex Calling? (Select all that apply.)
Mediant 8000B/C Gateway & E-SBC
Mediant 4000/B SBC
5. Which of the following Cisco routers can be deployed on Amazon AWS to support 3000 concurrent calls?
C1000v – 1vcpu (4GB)
C1000v – 4vcpu (8GB)
The correct answer is C8000v-M (4GB).
6. Which of the following devices are considered Edge Platforms? (Select all that apply.)
7. Which of the following connection types for Webex Calling allows the greatest number of concurrent calls?
8. When considering which Local Gateway deployment option to implement, which of the following items should you consider? (Select all that apply.)
Ownership of PSTN gateway
Desired call throughput of the site PSTN connection
TDM vs. IP gateway connections
Age of gateways
Cisco router type
9. Which of the following is a recommended deployment option for the Local Gateway when deploying Webex Calling using the Premises-based PSTN method?
Local Gateway and PSTN Connection Co-located
Dedicated Local Gateway and PSTN Connections
Cisco Unified Communications Manager with Co-located PSTN Gateway/SBC and Local Gateway
Partner Hosted Local Gateways
10. Which of the following is the correct call flow in a Webex Calling deployment using Premises-based PSTN?
PSTN Gateway > Local Gateway > Cisco Unified Communications Manager > Webex
PSTN Gateway > Webex > Local Gateway > Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Cisco Unified Communications Manager > PSTN Gateway > Webex > Local Gateway
PSTN Gateway > Cisco Unified Communications Manager > Local Gateway > Webex